Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2011, 04:30 PM

97 posts, read 231,536 times

Advertisements

Hello, I hope you City-Data readers are having a pleasant day! We just got back from Atlantic Beach after spending yesterday and today there while camping in Hanna Park. As for Hanna Park, I was impressed with the general environment of the park and campground. I had a decent time exploring it. The presence of the scores of dolphins frolicking extremely close to the shore was a welcome sight as well. The only drawback was my disappointment that it was just as hot and humid as over here, if not more. I had expected a more milder temperature than here in the recent desert-like inland South GA, with an ocean breeze, considering the location. That and the men's side of the bathhouse was atrociously filthy.

Anyways....... we decided to explore the area to see if we may be interested in renting a seasonal or maybe even permanent apartment there, to be so adjacent to the shore. I really was impressed with all three beach towns of Atl/Nep/Jax Beach, to say the least. I only recall a few 'seedy' looking areas. One such place was around the intersection of Rt 101 Mayport Rd. and Rt A1A, especially around the Mayport Food Store. I seemed to have witnessed what appeared to be a group of thugs possibly selling drugs and generally loitering. Otherwise they were very delightful communities. We rode around mainly the beach side of A1A from just north of Ponte Vedra all the way to where the road dead ends at the southern terminus of Hanna Park. Could anyone assist me in telling me what are rent prices in these towns. I am requesting a certain range, not due to lack of my wealth, I just do not like wasting money unnecessarily for stuff that are not a necessity. From really lowest rent upwards to the down side of mid-range. I want to be pretty cheap at the onset, until I decide completely if it would be a place of permanency. I would like some information on all three of the towns. Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida