Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 08:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAM View Post
Looking for info on moving to Citrus County Florida:
Crystal River
Homosassa
Homosassa Springs
We live in South Florida,Palm beach County,which was once a nice place but ,for many reasons,is not nice any more.Our home is for sale and we intend to move to Citrus County,probably Sugarmill Woods.A friend has a place up there and we have spent enough time to know that we like it-it is like old Florida,not New York with Palm trees.Housing is affordable and the demographics are right which means a low crime rate.
We are retired so that schools are not an issue though I doubt if they could be worse than here.
The economy is not well suited for job seekers unless you have a good trade or are a professional.The people are very friendly and nice.Let me know if you desire further information.
billallen2368@webtv.net
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2007, 12:32 PM

54 posts, read 317,534 times
Default Citrus county

West of highway 19 floods on major storms that coincide with high tide.
West of I-75 is the no new insurance zone for older homes.
If you are serious in your research check Citrus County Chronicle online you can read all you want from the local paper.

Old 05-04-2007, 04:49 PM

1,775 posts, read 8,099,312 times
I live in Inverness and my husband works in Homosassa just the next town from Sugarmill woods. You sure you want to live in Sugarmill woods? Just don't move into one of those HOA controlled places. My husbands coworker lives in there and he spends all his free time trying to keep his grass green enough or he'll get fined by the HOA. he hates it there and is trying to get out. It's just very strict and people just walk around the neighborhood looking for anything to make a fine for you. When a storm comes, everything 1 mile east of 19 is recommended to evacuate. he always gets sent home from work cause his job is right on Hwy 19. I prefer Inverness over Crystal River though. I thinks it's less expensive and Crystal River seems too crowded on the roads anyways because there a quite a few attractions there for people to do like the manatee swims, boating, homosassa wildlife park. It's just a bit more crowded i think than inverness.

Old 05-04-2007, 09:34 PM

3 posts, read 2,120 times
Citrus county is really nice, and very beautiful. If you like to fish and love land then citrus is prefect. There are some really nice areas around there and some really bad ones so just really do some looking.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,494 times
I'm thinking of looking at waterfront property in Inverness. Can anyone answer questions re: flood insurance? Is it mandatory everywhere? How much does it cost? Any help appreciated!

Old 05-07-2007, 03:41 PM

1,775 posts, read 8,099,312 times
I don't think it's mandatory. I live across the street from Lake Henderson with a view through the neighbors carport and we're not required to have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida