Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rick Scott or Alex Sink
Rick Scott 22 30.56%
Alex Sink 32 44.44%
Other 6 8.33%
Not sure 2 2.78%
Don't care 10 13.89%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 05:13 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,947,113 times

Advertisements

I truly believe our state and our country will do better under split governance. As much as I was tempted to vote straight R's across the board, something keeps pushing me away from Rick Scott. Therefore, our state legislature will be under Republican control and our governor will be a democrat. The same way that Obama is a democrat and is about to lose democrat majority in the House and possibly the Senate. It wasn't good for Florida to have total Republican control (shameful gay adoption ban comes to mind) as well as it wasn't good for the Federal Government to be fully controlled by the democrats who shoved Health Reform through.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:31 AM

1,946 posts, read 5,384,982 times
I voted write-in on this one. Though if I had to choose I prefer the likely-to-be-mediocre Sink over the crook Scott.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:03 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
anyone know the rules about politicians calling the voter's homes seeking votes - thought I was on the no-call list. Are politicians exempt? I hate it when they interrupt me at home. Nevermind....I just found the law. Go figure that FLA politicians who made the law would exempt themselves from the no-call rule........

Exemptions to the Florida Do Not Call Law

Some unsolicited sales calls are exempt from the provisions of the law. Solicitors may make calls, when:

* A prior or existing business relationship exists.
* In response to an express request of the person called.
* From a newspaper publisher.
* In connection with an existing debt or contract.
* A real estate agent responds to a yard sign or other advertisement.

Furthermore, some solicitations calls are not "telephonic sales calls" as defined in the statute because they typically are not selling a product or service. Generally, these calls are from:

* Charitable organizations seeking donations.
* Political candidates and political parties seeking donation.
* Research or survey companies seeking an opinion.
* Collection agencies trying to locate a debtor or collect on a debt.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:25 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,320,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
anyone know the rules about politicians calling the voter's homes seeking votes - thought I was on the no-call list. Are politicians exempt? I hate it when they interrupt me at home. Nevermind....I just found the law. Go figure that FLA politicians who made the law would exempt themselves from the no-call rule........

Exemptions to the Florida Do Not Call Law

Some unsolicited sales calls are exempt from the provisions of the law. Solicitors may make calls, when:

* A prior or existing business relationship exists.
* In response to an express request of the person called.
* From a newspaper publisher.
* In connection with an existing debt or contract.
* A real estate agent responds to a yard sign or other advertisement.

Furthermore, some solicitations calls are not "telephonic sales calls" as defined in the statute because they typically are not selling a product or service. Generally, these calls are from:

* Charitable organizations seeking donations.
* Political candidates and political parties seeking donation.
* Research or survey companies seeking an opinion.
* Collection agencies trying to locate a debtor or collect on a debt.
Isn't it just MADDENING when the phone rings from the candidates! UGH..I hate it. Yes, I knew they are exempt, but it really makes me mad when the call my CELL PHONE and waste my airtime with a voicemail!!! I don't care if it is someone I wanted in office or not, it TICKS me off!

Old 10-29-2010, 04:20 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deef1 View Post
Isn't it just MADDENING when the phone rings from the candidates! UGH..I hate it. Yes, I knew they are exempt, but it really makes me mad when the call my CELL PHONE and waste my airtime with a voicemail!!! I don't care if it is someone I wanted in office or not, it TICKS me off!
Voted early today.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:39 AM

236 posts, read 900,927 times
I say Vote for no one! None of them are honest or will they do what they promise. Its just more of the same circle!

Old 10-30-2010, 03:49 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,661,046 times
I voted yesterday for Crist and Sink. I was on line for half an hour at the Golden Gate (Naples) Library.

Mommy says I am a "good boy". Give me a break.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:30 PM

13,624 posts, read 7,936,616 times
How about neither?

Stick it to the man. Stand up to the system. Don't vote.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:12 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
If you want to know more about Rick Scott and his shenanigans this site has a video taped depositon of when he was accused of Medicare fraud! Click on the video! (it's short!)

What Is Rick Scott Hiding? | Learn the truth about his record

It's quite frightening how this man has no memory and he wants to lead 19 million plus Floridians!
No thanks!

Old 10-31-2010, 01:25 PM

150 posts, read 474,900 times
At this point, I haven't got a clue who I want to vote for. The only thing I know is that I'm sick of seeing 2-5 political attack ads (or more) per commercial segment when I'm watching TV. Alex Sink this, Rick Scott that, and so forth...it gets annoying. In all honesty, I think I'm gonna flip a coin to decide.

I consider myself a moderate, and I don't vote straight-ticket for any party. I just vote for people whom I think will do a good job in Tallahassee or Washington. Unfortunately, they don't always keep their promises.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida