Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 10:24 PM

2 posts, read 5,002 times

Advertisements

Im planning a trip to Page next summer. Is this a Mormon town?? this site says that the largest relig group..eighteen pct..are labled Other. i dont have anything against Mormons but I like to know what to expect.

Also, are there any tensions with the Navajo tribe here. I live down river where much of the swimmable part is controlled by a local tribe who do not welcome non tribals. I ask bcuz I thought this might be a good place to bike and swim for a few weeks.

thanks
JP

ps would appreciate any info abt places that rent weekly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 11:06 PM

149 posts, read 198,075 times
Page is a 6,500 population tourist town. During the warm months, 2 million visitors from all over the globe arrive for a couple of days. Yes, we have a couple of Morman Temples + more than a half a dozen churches - no Synagogues or Muslim temples. Page was founded on Navajo land but there is no ill feeling among us. Life is good up here - come for a swim
Check out any of our many hotels or the original 7th Street weekly's ...

Old 12-01-2015, 08:32 PM

148 posts, read 242,681 times
Go, don't worry about the politics or religion. Take the boat tour across Lake Powell to Rainbow Bridge. Roughly 5 hr. trip. Well worth ( I believe) $125. per person.

Old 12-07-2015, 11:06 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenehaven View Post
Page is a 6,500 population tourist town. During the warm months, 2 million visitors from all over the globe arrive for a couple of days. Yes, we have a couple of Morman Temples + more than a half a dozen churches - no Synagogues or Muslim temples. Page was founded on Navajo land but there is no ill feeling among us. Life is good up here - come for a swim
Check out any of our many hotels or the original 7th Street weekly's ...

A couple of Mormon temples in Page?? Uh, no. A Mormon church, or in this case, a stake center, with four congregations or "wards", yes, but no temples. The temple for Page area is in St George, Utah.

As others have said, it's a tourist town. Religion isn't an issue with or for tourists. Neither is tribal membership or lack thereof.

Old 12-07-2015, 06:54 PM

5,763 posts, read 11,370,882 times
I have visited Page many times, but never spent more than one overnight in a motel on any visit. I have seen the huge coal burning power plant just southwest of Page on Navajo Nation land. Does the smokestack output (fumes) tend to drift towards Page, or does the wind normally take the fumes or air pollution in a different direction? A local resident would probably know the answer to this because it is the sort of thing that most visitors would probably not pay much attention to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona