Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2006, 11:54 AM

4 posts, read 22,041 times

Advertisements

M moving to Page can any one tell me about Page area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2006, 10:09 AM

2 posts, read 9,051 times
Default Some info on Page

I'm not really familiar with the town, only having been there a few times, but I can tell you that the town is isolated. The nearest city of any size is Flagstaff, pop. 60000, about 130 miles to the south.

The town's two major employment sources seem to be tourism from nearby Lake Powell, and the Navajo Generating Station. Because of its tourism industry, the town seems to have a good number of services and amenities not generally found in a town of that size.

The area is beautiful. Lake Powell is quite a sight and the Vermillion Cliffs to the west of town are beautiful. The Grand Canyon is not far away. Page borders the Navajo Nation.

Old 08-30-2006, 06:28 PM

2 posts, read 11,652 times
Wink Page is no no bad place to live

Hi Rickylee!

I live in Page since 1996 and I am still happy.
Page is remote. But you get used to that very easily.
First there is internet shopping and of course you can always shop locally.
Yes, we have 24 hours of shopping possible in Page.
It is a small city, but it is located in a beautiful area, an area that gets visited each year by millions of tourists from around the world. And of course once in a while a movie gets shot here.
The people are friendly and very helpful. Hey, after all out here people depend on each other and don't tend to work against you
My kids attend elementary school in Page. There are two elementary schools, one middle school and one high school in Page. I can only speak of the quality of one of the elementary schools and that school is better than okay.
In regards to the climate: nice. Summers are not sooo hot (you know, it's dry heat ), spring is not bad, winter means one week with snow (you don't get a snow shovel allergy out here), fall is wonderful.
There is really nothing negative about Page. Wait, there is one thing I do not like: no postal delivery service. But with good weather, you can enjoy picking up the mail.
I used to live in big cities and at the beginning I missed the millions of people taking "my parking spot" close to my house. After a few weeks I was over it and enjoy five traffic lights And if you spend just one day in the traffic jams in Los Angeles, you will enjoy the calm life in the desert much better.

I can only recommend Page. And from what I hear on the radio, finding a job in Page seems to be no problem.

Cheers,
Ketchup-Heinz

Old 09-18-2006, 04:46 PM

1 posts, read 5,775 times
Default Daughter moved to Page yesterday

My 24 year old daughter left yesterday for Page. She started her new job there today. Her housing is covered for the first 30 days there, but she is looking for a house or apartment in or near Page.
I'd love to hear more feedback on Page and/or any info about good places to live, etc.

Thanks!

Old 09-20-2006, 06:39 PM

4 posts, read 22,041 times
have just returned from weekend in Page M thinking of semi retirement there
loved it some views of area would take your breath away . e-mail me for detailed discussion one thing though Page is isolated in the extreme Rick
rickswift@yahoo.com

Forgot something look at the cover of this months national geographic and you will see the page area next to glen canyon damm and power plant with the exception of the power plant an absolutely stunnung picture.Rick

Last edited by Marka; 09-21-2006 at 01:30 AM.. Reason: merged

Old 09-29-2006, 10:13 PM

51 posts, read 67,182 times
Default Lake Powell

Did the big loop tour in this area a couple of years ago and Lake Powell was the highlight of the trip. Rented a 23 ft boat and spent an entire day on the lake traveling 70 plus miles up lake and then 70 miles back and it was OUTSTANDING. Page is a very nice little town that caters to the tourist who come to visit Glen Canyon which is now Lake Powell thanks to Glen Canyon Dam. I highly recommend this area to anyone who has not been out west yet it is FANTASTIC!!!!

Floridacracker
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona