Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2014, 09:19 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,140,740 times

Advertisements

This contains some good information for people on the fence about coming to Bentonville.

City Spotlight: It's No Longer Mr. Sam's Bentonville | News - Advertising Age

Quote:
It was a similar story for another New Yorker, Mark Levine, who first came to Bentonville 20 years ago as part of one of the first marketing shops in town, representing Fuji Film. He had to go online to a dating site run by AOL to find a Jewish woman in town -- she later became his wife. Then, 10 years ago, he helped start Bentonville's first synagogue.
"The joke is that people scratch on their way here to stay out," Mr. Levine said, "and then scream and yell on their way out because they don't want to leave."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 11:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,023,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Climber View Post
This contains some good information for people on the fence about coming to Bentonville.

City Spotlight: It's No Longer Mr. Sam's Bentonville | News - Advertising Age
Thanks for the very good information. I think it is important for people to realize just how diverse NWA is and yet, still has that little bit or in some cases; lot of rural feeling. When we made our decision, it was based on the compensation of rural and urban. We got down to Grove, OK and here. Grove is s great little town and I am sure we would have been happy there, but it is really country. We were both pretty much raised as city people, especially me and had lived in some pretty urban areas, like Dallas, DC and throughout Ca. We knew we couldn't go to country.

One of the nice things about living here, you can do it "your way".

Old 10-29-2014, 07:18 AM

3,106 posts, read 4,006,759 times
This is why I am moving here. It has what I need, and not much that I don't want to put up with to get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers