Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 10:15 AM

11 posts, read 42,963 times

Advertisements

Hello. New to this forum. I am relocating to NWA from South Arkansas. Family of 5 total plus 2 dogs.(kids 11, 3 and 1)
I have been looking online and is overwhelming the variety and quantity of homes available. I will be working i n Springdale but not focused into living there but within a 30 mins commute , maybe 45...
Could some people from the are give me an overview of how to be out of the city but close and accessible?
I know there are similar questions.. But hope some people can read and give me their opinions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 10:58 AM

1,230 posts, read 3,178,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolon View Post
Hello. New to this forum. I am relocating to NWA from South Arkansas. Family of 5 total plus 2 dogs.(kids 11, 3 and 1)
I have been looking online and is overwhelming the variety and quantity of homes available. I will be working i n Springdale but not focused into living there but within a 30 mins commute , maybe 45...
Could some people from the are give me an overview of how to be out of the city but close and accessible?
I know there are similar questions.. But hope some people can read and give me their opinions...
I would recommend looking in Fayetteville or Farmington. Farmington is a small town about 5 mins out side of Fayetteville (population is about 4800). You will probably be able to get more house for the money and some areas of Farmington are in Fayetteville school districts, which is a much better school system than Farmington. It is also close to the bypass since you will be working in Springdale.

Old 07-31-2007, 01:18 PM

154 posts, read 680,180 times
Quote:
JC - an area you may be interested in is the west / northwest section of Fayetteville out Mt. Comfort Road. A variety of family neighborhoods have been built in the area - ranging from smaller homes starting at about $179k to several neighborhoods in that $200k to $400k range and a few estate type neighborhoods ... and the area feels like it is in the country but it is literally 5 minutes from downtown Fayetteville. Great schools in that area with Holcomb and Holt. Springdale is only 10-15 minutes north up I-540.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:54 PM

Default bentonville

How is traffic in the Bentonville area?..
I am concerned on the commute to Springdale being too long...

Old 08-03-2007, 06:01 AM

7 posts, read 24,865 times
I live in the Bentonville area and my office was in Springdale...It really depends whether it is east or west Springdale....West Springdale was about 20 minutes...however east could add another 20 minutes. Great schools in the Bentonville area, and a variety of homes and prices. Depending on what you are looking for, the price range, and acceptable commute time...you have a lot of choices that we can discuss.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:28 PM

I am looking in the 200k or less. I will be working in the Robinson ave area, not too far from the I540. Have heard great of the schools, but also Rogers, Springdale, and Fayetteville seems great school wise.
The fact is that it seems like Fayetteville's homes are generally smaller.
I don't mind 20 or 30 minutes drive. I bet it depends on rush hours, and i should leave home around 6am, and be on the way back at 4, which i would guess avoids the usual 8 and 5 rush.
Any thoughts on this?

Old 08-06-2007, 01:39 PM

Have also look at Cave Springs, and Goshen ... Any info would be appreciated.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:57 PM

297 posts, read 1,301,375 times
Default You may want to start a new thread on Goshen or Cave Springs.....

so others from the areas will see the towns and respond to your question. Good luck! I have a friend that goes to church in Centerton and have emailed her for some information. I''ve passsed through Centerton on the way to where she lives at Gravette. She teaches school at Gentry. It's a smaller school than Bentonville. Good luck!

Old 08-06-2007, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjoe View Post
so others from the areas will see the towns and respond to your question. Good luck! I have a friend that goes to church in Centerton and have emailed her for some information. I''ve passsed through Centerton on the way to where she lives at Gravette. She teaches school at Gentry. It's a smaller school than Bentonville. Good luck!
you live here in Camden. Correct?

Old 08-07-2007, 06:56 PM

80 posts, read 367,720 times
Quote:
Have also look at Cave Springs, and Goshen ... Any info would be appreciated.
What I know about Cave Springs...

Small town. One you can drive through and blink twice before you reach the end of Main Street. One Main Street you'll find a hardware/feed store, tire shop, post office, small library, city hall, community building, and land surveyors office, car dealer, and two churches. The town doesn't have a top light yet, but one is being mapped out. At the end of Main Street there is a general store/gas station, and flee market. The general store does carry milk/eggs (basic needs) if you need something in a rush.

The cops take their job a little too seriously, but we love them anyway. The speed limit is 35 through the down and it's strictly enforced. They are out heavily on Friday and Saturday nights.

The two churches on Main Street are Lakeview Baptist and First Baptist. Thankfully their times are different on Sunday mornings so there are no traffic jams.

Cave Springs wants to grow, and is, but is struggling with bring revenue into main street as there is no sewer/septic line available (it will have to be put in). There is talk of a restaurant opening on Main Street. Something we will be looking forward if that happens.

In order to get to NWA XNA airport you must pass through the city. Developments are growing, and new houses are popping up in a rush. You can bet you’ll find something to meet your needs whether you’re looking for a fixer-upper or new house.

The town will have its annual fall Cave Springs Days, 28 & 29th of September. A car show, dog show, singing, dancing, kids activities and traditional chicken dinner will be included.

A great thing about living outside or in cave springs is you are almost the location “hub” to Bentonville, Rogers, Bella Vista, Lowell, Fayetteville, etc. All of which you can reach within almost 15-20 minutes.

If you ever want to feel like time is not of the essence, a cave springs board meeting is always a interesting place to be. You know those fictional books about life in a small town with unusual characters? Sometimes I get them confused with this sleepy, but ever ambitious town. If you want to watch a close-knit community grow, I’m sure they’d love to have you aboard.

P.S. The new Bentonville School is only about 5 miles from cave springs, very easy commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers