Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 04:20 AM

2,117 posts, read 5,374,201 times

Advertisements

What's up with Americans and brands?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 03:55 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,710,949 times
Everyone wants some kind of credit for their product. Some people are loyal to certain brands.

Me, I don't care, I'll buy whatever is cheapest.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:44 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,776,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommodonahue View Post
What's up with Americans and brands?
we're loyal to quality. there's a lot of crap out there.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:46 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,776,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayurveda.Skin View Post
My boyfriend has many good qualities and is a cute guy, but I would like him to have a little fashion sometimes when we go out other than the usual tshirt and jeans. Am I wrong for thinking this?

He have spoken this and I'm not expecting a over-the-top expensive tastes, just a little effort I would like when we go out. Any suggestions?
sure. if you don't like what he wears, buy him something nice.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:05 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,650,300 times
@OPer

I don't think you are wrong for thinking that your man should have a little fashion sense from time to time when you two are out in public. T-shirts and jeans are nice every now and then, but it's a bit monotone, to be honest.

What I would suggest is that you should shop at a cheap place (maybe Ross?) for some different styles for your man. And then ease him into it little by little. A collared shirt here and some khaki pants there.

Don't forget to praise your man as well. Men secretly do love women complimenting on how "handsome" or "dashing" they look. The more positive gestures you give, the more willing he is to please you and accept the new style as his own

Old 03-20-2010, 11:25 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,761,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
@OPer

I don't think you are wrong for thinking that your man should have a little fashion sense from time to time when you two are out in public. T-shirts and jeans are nice every now and then, but it's a bit monotone, to be honest.

What I would suggest is that you should shop at a cheap place (maybe Ross?) for some different styles for your man. And then ease him into it little by little. A collared shirt here and some khaki pants there.

Don't forget to praise your man as well. Men secretly do love women complimenting on how "handsome" or "dashing" they look. The more positive gestures you give, the more willing he is to please you and accept the new style as his own
Ross????

Seriously??

Old 03-21-2010, 06:58 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,969,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayurveda.Skin View Post
My boyfriend has many good qualities and is a cute guy, but I would like him to have a little fashion sometimes when we go out other than the usual tshirt and jeans. Am I wrong for thinking this?

He have spoken this and I'm not expecting a over-the-top expensive tastes, just a little effort I would like when we go out. Any suggestions?
You should probably be more worried about what's inside of him than what's outside.

After you've been dating long enough, you can gently cajole him to dress a little better. But don't ever make him think that he's not acceptable as he is, or that what he wears is more important than who he is.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:33 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,969,295 times
With many women, it seems the first thing they want to do when they find a man they like is change him. It's the old, "he's a great guy, but...."

Old 03-21-2010, 07:50 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,636,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000 View Post
It's a little different because you guys are dating, but my husband isn't the best dresser on earth either...so I took care of that problem by shopping for him. He gets free reign when he's hanging out at home, but when we go out, he pretty much doesn't have a choice but to wear what I got for him (because he's got nothing else to wear). He's in his mid-40's so anything from Hollister and Abercrombie is a no-go, but he does wear classics like Ralph Lauren and Lacoste.

That's what I would have suggested. Take the boy shopping, pick out clothes YOU would like to see him in, and make him try them on. You have to slowly get him into the idea of a change in style, and if you can, make him think it was his idea, that way he's much more receptive to it, lol.

I like my hubby to dress a certain way, so that's what I buy him. Gradually replace what he wears, with newer pieces, and eventually he will have a full wardrobe full of stylish things.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:18 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,710,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
With many women, it seems the first thing they want to do when they find a man they like is change him. It's the old, "he's a great guy, but...."
Amen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty