Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 09:52 AM

3,315 posts, read 10,090,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Cosmo is crazy. They are just pandering to their "overweight" reading population who are unable to wear thongs.
Maybe . . .maybe not.

Seems like the thong became popular when jeans were lower. When a woman sat down, the jeans went way down but the thong stayed up. Hence, the reason why alot of thongs had those decorative accessories in the back. Also, better to view (or to have someone view on you) a decorative thong instead of a butt crack.

Now jeans are higher-- not mom-jeans of course but below the hip line.

I don't think thongs will ever fully go away. They're great in really hot weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 10:20 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,327,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
The panty line argument doesn't really fly so much anymore, since there are all kinds of underwear made out of cotton or microfiber or silk in various cuts that don't give VPL. I've always thought that the "guys love thongs" thing was overplayed, because I've never worn a thong in my life and I've never had any complaints.

I have tried about a million different kinds of underwear that aren't supposed to give panty lines. I still get them without a thong.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:21 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,885,027 times
I never did like them. In my entire adult life, I had only owned 3 thongs. They are not good to wear. They give you yeast infections and things like that. And not to mention, they do get very uncomfortable after a while wearing them too.

I quit wearing them about 4 years ago (long before this so-called "news"). I said, "good riddance" long time ago.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:59 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
Never wore one and would not have even when young, had they been in vogue back then. Personally, I cannot imagine anything more uncomfortable than walking around all day with a strap of cloth wedged into your butt crack. Way back in the olden days, women had elastic "sanitary belts" for holding menstrual pads in place and that was the same thing as a thong. I hated them and with my third menstrual period I started using tampons and never went back to those uncomfortable belt-and-pad things. (Except for right after having a baby.)

Old 02-01-2010, 03:11 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,929,427 times
I used to LOVE wearing thongs but I can't anymore because, well, it makes me get eczema in places that aren't fun.

Anyhow, I call BS on that article--thongs are fine to wear.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:28 PM

3,464 posts, read 1,896,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
That's good news to me. I think that was a fashion accessory dreamed up by a man!

but of course.......

Old 02-01-2010, 04:42 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 419gottaminute View Post
but of course.......
butt of course..

I've never worn them and never will. They don't do what underwear is supposed to do, protect your sensitive areas from harsh materials, and I don't dress for men's sexual fantasies.

My 23 yr old daughter has worn them for the "low jean/thong" look, but has always prefered bikini panties herself. I think the point of the article is that THIS PARTICULAR LOOK is over. You may still wear them but if they aren't going to be showing anymore many women will abandon them for something more comfortable.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:47 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Cosmo is crazy. They are just pandering to their "overweight" reading population who are unable to wear thongs. 99% of my wife's underwear are g-strings and the other are thongs.
When you wife gains a few lbs with time and age she may change her mind. And her underwear.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:51 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Good riddance to the thong. What an obnoxious piece of underwear! You knew they were going too far when they made maxi pads designed to fit onto a thong.

Thanks for a very humorous answer. And you got that right, damn uncomfortable things. Exactly what you said is right.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:58 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Never wore one and would not have even when young, had they been in vogue back then. Personally, I cannot imagine anything more uncomfortable than walking around all day with a strap of cloth wedged into your butt crack. Way back in the olden days, women had elastic "sanitary belts" for holding menstrual pads in place and that was the same thing as a thong. I hated them and with my third menstrual period I started using tampons and never went back to those uncomfortable belt-and-pad things. (Except for right after having a baby.)

Boy do i agree with you. It is very uncomfortable walking around with a strap of cloth in the butt crack, never liked the feeling. I am not big in any way, and still do not like that feeling. In the heat of the moment, no problem, because excuse me, they will be coming off fast, really don't like the suckers.

On another note, being a natural 40EE if i could do away with the bra, i would in a heartbeat, if i could and get away with it, i would throw the damn bra, away with my thongs. WHAT'S left my natural STATE.

Last edited by california-jewel; 02-01-2010 at 05:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty