Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2020, 07:09 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post

What are the best skincare forums that rate products?

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoing123 View Post
All of these sites give pretty fair reviews on a ton of skin care products which makes it really easy to find the best ones on the market today.
Hope this helps!

The problem tho... is that if it isn't personalized for your needs or your skin type.....what somebody else rates as a best product might be a total dud for you. It really takes small samples of products to test for yourself IMO.....based on your skin tone...type....your age...personal likes & needs. It's like asking a forum who you should date..ha.

I love IPSY...it's all personalized based on your own reviews & samples...& your profile. The more you review...the more personalized it gets.

edit: I have discovered several new favorite products ...what's best for me instead of what's best for a stranger in a forum.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 11-26-2020 at 07:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2020, 04:50 PM

1,149 posts, read 933,810 times
Not a forum, Allure.

Old 03-13-2021, 04:20 AM

2 posts, read 6,224 times
I found Skincaretalk fourm site is the best for reviewing the products.

Old 03-13-2021, 02:13 PM

26,773 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
The problem tho... is that if it isn't personalized for your needs or your skin type.....what somebody else rates as a best product might be a total dud for you. It really takes small samples of products to test for yourself IMO.....based on your skin tone...type....your age...personal likes & needs. It's like asking a forum who you should date..ha.

I love IPSY...it's all personalized based on your own reviews & samples...& your profile. The more you review...the more personalized it gets.

edit: I have discovered several new favorite products ...what's best for me instead of what's best for a stranger in a forum.

Winner-winner, chicken dinner.
So a lot of sites that "review the skincare products" are simply pushing sales.

Makeup Alley is trying to do their best in this respect, asking people to describe their skin type ( type overall,) while leaving the reviews, but even there it's still a guessing game. You still have to look for a lot of clues to get your answer, until something familiar in those reviews starts ringing a bell as "yea or nay."

I know someone for whom certain line works in fantastic way, for me even thinking about putting it on my face makes me cringe.

Yet this line has it all - products that target "dry skin, dehydrated, oily skin" - you name it.

It's all the same for me - unbearable.

On a friend of mine it looks/feels great though.

So go figure.

Unless you actually try it, the description/ratings don't make much sense, really.

Old 05-03-2021, 09:52 AM

2 posts, read 5,351 times
I use LexiNoelBeauty.Com Their skincare is organic and vegan and definitely in my price range. I can't spend a ridiculous amount of money like some of these other brands. I wish!

Old 05-03-2021, 10:32 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha25 View Post
I use LexiNoelBeauty.Com Their skincare is organic and vegan and definitely in my price range. I can't spend a ridiculous amount of money like some of these other brands. I wish!

There are so many organic & vegan makeup products now that get positive reviews....AND a lot of them are priced super well. A good resource is Cruelty Free Kitty AND Cosmo reviews a lot of products for all different skin types....like Pai & Bybi.

Old 06-10-2021, 04:21 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Its not so much what these products contain its more what they dont contain. check the ingredients less is more.

Old 10-29-2021, 07:07 PM

204 posts, read 128,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
I use Makeupalley.com and Youtube. I like Youtube best because not only can you see reviews, you can also see actual demonstrations/results as well.

They are my best resources before I decide to buy something.
Same here.

For anyone over 50, I strongly recommend 3 of my favorite youtubers: Wayne Goss (makeup techniques and product reviews), Angie-HotandFlashy (all things makeup, sunscreen, beauty product reviews) and Dr. Dray- dermatologist (serious info from an expert, product reviews).

Old 07-22-2022, 07:41 AM

1 posts, read 977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Its not so much what these products contain its more what they dont contain. check the ingredients less is more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty