Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like..
fake boobs 18 18.95%
enhanced lips 5 5.26%
cosmetic surgery in general 18 18.95%
none 65 68.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 07:33 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,630,802 times

Advertisements

I recently watched a movie on Netflix, a late 70's thriller - The Eyes of Laura Mars. The plot revolves around a fashion/art photographer. There are many topless models lounging about and I was struck by all the real breasts. Big ones and small ones, all beautiful in their own way. Actual breasts instead of un-natural, overly round bags of silicon. Actual lips instead of puffy trout pouts. Actual hips and bellies never touched by a liposuction wand. Actual yellowed teeth instead of bleached white perfection. It got me thinking how if that same movie was being made today I doubt that I would have seen even a single pair of real breasts or lips or hips. Cosmetic procedures are warping our sense of what is normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 09:58 AM

241 posts, read 474,510 times
Non of the above of course

Old 01-14-2010, 09:59 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Plastic surgery would be more palatable if it weren't so darn obvious.

Haven't met a pair of fake boobs that I couldn't tell were fake right off the bat.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:04 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,078,494 times
what is so funny is I wonder how many of the naysaying men subscribe to magazines like playboy or penthouse, maybe flip through a Victorias secret catalog or SI swimsuit magazine...

Old 01-14-2010, 01:15 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Plastic surgery would be more palatable if it weren't so darn obvious.

Haven't met a pair of fake boobs that I couldn't tell were fake right off the bat.
I'd show you my wifes but CD might not appreciate. Hers are beautiful and very natural, you would never know they are not 100% hers. I do believe that women who start out small and go up to a medium size probably look the best.

Where many women mess up is they have them enlarged too big and they get them done by the guy who quotes the cheapest price. What most people see are the typical stripper boobs which do look fake most of the time. They don't have have any jiggle or bounce.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:57 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,789,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
I recently watched a movie on Netflix, a late 70's thriller - The Eyes of Laura Mars. The plot revolves around a fashion/art photographer. There are many topless models lounging about and I was struck by all the real breasts. Big ones and small ones, all beautiful in their own way. Actual breasts instead of un-natural, overly round bags of silicon. Actual lips instead of puffy trout pouts. Actual hips and bellies never touched by a liposuction wand. Actual yellowed teeth instead of bleached white perfection. It got me thinking how if that same movie was being made today I doubt that I would have seen even a single pair of real breasts or lips or hips. Cosmetic procedures are warping our sense of what is normal.
Actually I think it started with photo techniques.

Photographer X found out that blonde hair showed up better on black and white film (The Marilyn Monroe case by some accounts)... people liked the photo, they tried to emulate it.

Now that Photoshop can be used to perfect any given line on a person, same thing, only to an even more stringent artistically derived standard.

C'mon even before all that, we can look at people and tell (in general) who's going to get the girls' or guys' attention.

However, what mass media did was twofold. 1) To make images of perfection more ubiquitous. 2) To manipulate those images to possibly surrealistic values.

Advertizing is the same way, right? Never any water spots on the Corvette in the advertizing brochure, LOL!

Old 01-15-2010, 01:55 AM

3,007 posts, read 6,286,246 times
Au natural. Fake is fake.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:29 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,821,156 times
The poll had none as one of the options but not what I would have picked....all of the above.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:18 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,900,516 times
I have seen women in Vegas with boobs so fake, and tight that they SHINE. It's creepy. What if guys had scrote implants the size of basketballs ? We women would laugh our heads off.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:22 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,900,516 times
I have seen some women who have had facial cosmetic surgery, and they look a lot better. Men, too, eliminated jowls, and turkey necks. Is there some kind of martyr prize for keeping flap wattles,and sags, deep lines, drooping eyelids ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty