Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like..
fake boobs 18 18.95%
enhanced lips 5 5.26%
cosmetic surgery in general 18 18.95%
none 65 68.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 02:40 PM

8,410 posts, read 39,390,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
I recently watched a movie on Netflix, a late 70's thriller - The Eyes of Laura Mars. The plot revolves around a fashion/art photographer. There are many topless models lounging about and I was struck by all the real breasts. Big ones and small ones, all beautiful in their own way. Actual breasts instead of un-natural, overly round bags of silicon. Actual lips instead of puffy trout pouts. Actual hips and bellies never touched by a liposuction wand. Actual yellowed teeth instead of bleached white perfection. It got me thinking how if that same movie was being made today I doubt that I would have seen even a single pair of real breasts or lips or hips. Cosmetic procedures are warping our sense of what is normal.
I watched that too and have been watching a lot of 70's movies.

I also notice that guys don't think good plastic surgery is plastic surgery.

If you have a good bit of boob meat, are an avg weight (or higher) and go under the pectoral tissues against the rib cage its pretty impossible to tell anything without touching.

I think people do get overdone and it looks bad. That blonde from the hills show looks bad to me now since she had her boobs made vegas huge. Really big fake ones are bad always looking unless you are Dolly P and thats your thing. The fakes just don't lay on the chest right. All the fatty surrounding tissue is not there and its strange looking to me. They lack the natural hip roundness too that comes with a natural busty shape. The butt shape does not match at all. Even skinny naturals bigguns have this roundness to the butt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 07:12 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,687,426 times
Quote:
If you have a good bit of boob meat, are an avg weight (or higher) and go under the pectoral tissues against the rib cage its pretty impossible to tell anything without touching.
Except that women who get implants almost always get them much bigger than their frames could ever naturally support. I see women built like Kate Moss sporting DDD cups. Even if the shape of the completed breast is relatively natural you can still tell it's not right - as you said the rest of the body doesn't match.

What I find disturbing is the idea that seems to have become accepted in our culture, that attractive women should have giant boobs all out of proportion to their tiny frames, like cartoon characters. I do understand the urge for body modification and it is ultimately up to the individual, but it just seems to have become so widespread that I was actually surprised to see real bodies! I had forgotten what they looked like because I have become so used to seeing actresses that have more in common with Edward Scissorhands than real women.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:10 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,921,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think LA is the land of fake boobs, cause that's all you see anymore, and most of the time they are crappy jobs.

Girls are even getting them for high school graduation presents.

IDK, it just seems a little odd to me. Maybe I'm a fuddy duddy.

L.A., Scottsdale, Arizona; Miami, Florida; New York City; Las Vegas; and Dallas, Texas (are all the lands of fake boobs).

Old 01-21-2010, 10:41 AM

539 posts, read 737,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
There is no "self" when it comes to our appearance. Every single one of us is influenced by societal norms. "I did it for me" is one of the biggest pieces of bull**** to come out of anyone's mouth with regard to plastic surgery. If you truly didn't care what ANYONE else thought about your appearance, you'd never put on make up, style your hair, shave your legs and/or pits, buy new clothes, get a manicure, tweeze your eyebrows, color your hair, put on jewelry, etc. ... Everything we think we do for ourselves is a thought put into our heads because someone else does it or a marketeer got us to THINK someone else does it. The smart ones realize this and make conscious decisions about which of society's norms they want to follow, based on their own value systems. The not-so-smart ones think they're doing it for themselves.

Absolutly, positively agree with you 100%. So glad to hear somebody else saying what I've thought every time I hear "I do it for me."

Old 01-22-2010, 07:59 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,488,890 times
I'm not a fan of plastic surgery at all. Unless it was absolutely necessary like after a bad accident to repair some facial features, just as an example. That's probably a different category though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty