Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 04:00 PM

2 posts, read 8,015 times

Advertisements

I know perfume/cologne is a highly subjective item. I know ideally, my partner is the best judge, (but I also have to smell myself.) I've been out of the loop, not wearing cologne the past few years. I also realize (guessing) some cologne is appropriate for certain situations (work versus going on a romantic date.) I'm wonder if the perfume experts here could throw me a bone and give me a few suggestions. The last time I tried cologne, my nose was ruined after the first three. If I had a short list of ones to begin with, that would be very helpful. I kind of would like to surprise my partner. This is going to be for the 'romantic' situations - so whichever ones are currently driving the majority of women crazy would be the ones - haha, that sounds hilarious.

To give you an idea of our tastes.... I used to be (way back in the day, a Drakkar Noir and Farenheit guy). The last time I shopped for Cologne I ended up choosing Burberry Brit for Men. I still think it is an excellent smelling cologne. The last time my wife bought me cologne she bought me Vera Wang for men. I like the Burberry better it seems to have aged fine. The Vera Wang smells harsher or something, maybe because it is too old.

My wife just bought Possibilities by Ann Taylor, and I've got to say, Amirage by Givenchy used to be my favorite, but I think the Ann Taylor Possibilities beats it. It is soooo sexy smelling. I don't know what they put in it but it actually gets my heart beating faster! It may just be it is a new scent I'm not used to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 11:16 AM

339 posts, read 2,204,905 times
Not a female:

Chanel - Allure (not sport)
Armani - Code
Armani - Aqua Di Gio
Jean Paul Gautlier - Le Male
Givenchy - Pi
D&G - The One
D&G - Light Blue
Burberry - Brit
Burberry - Touch
Ralph Lauren - Romance (black)
Ralph Lauren - Polo Blue
Givenchy - Very Irresistable

Old 12-15-2009, 12:34 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,046,326 times
I like woodsy "earthy" sort of scents. Burts Bee's makes a complexion mist (carrot seed something-something) and it smells really nice! My husband spritz's it all over him and I love the way he smells. I don't like chemically-heavily-perfumed scents so those department store perfumes are gross to me. They are also freakishly expensive for what they are, too... you're basically paying for packaging and the name. The mark-up is incredible for that crap, and many people are allergic or sensitive to the chemically odors.

Sometimes my husband also mixes vodka with some essential oils and keeps that in a little spray bottle and uses that as well. Smells really nice. Bergamot, neroli, sweet orange, sandalwood, etc... Make it yourself, then you know exactly what you're spraying yourself with.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:53 PM

209 posts, read 657,807 times
Check this place out... it has a cologne for every situation.

Androtics Direct

Now they contain pheromones in them... regardless of this they all smell amazing.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:55 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,493,779 times
My wife loves the way Cool Water smells on me.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:04 PM

18 posts, read 33,912 times
For the record, I'm a married woman.

Now, don't laugh at me. Victoria Secret actually has really great stuff for men.
Almost anything that Macy's sells. Especially, Euphoria for Men.
And my personal favorite on my husband is, Phoenix by Axe body-wash or spray!! Mmmm.
These types of colognes wont put you debt. They are very affordable!
Hope this was helpful for you.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:00 AM

522 posts, read 1,405,427 times
I got my boyfriend VS Sexy years ago and it still smells great on him.
A new fav. of mine is YSL La Nuit De L'Homme.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty