Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 04:52 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,113,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlorak View Post
plaidmom
is it ok for a 34 yr old 105 lbs mom of two wear them?
That is totally up to you and your three-way mirror.

I've also maintained my weight and my figure through the years. I still find that what I wore in my 20s and what I want to wear in my 40's is different, even though I am still the same size. Does that make sense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 05:04 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
I have a pair of soft knit legging that I wear around the house, usually with a tunic or long shirt of some kind to cover the parts I don't want to show. They are comfortable and I don't mind people coming over or seeing me in them, but I don't usually wear them when I go out. They are more like pajamas to me.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:53 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,373,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
leggings are pretty much like tights without foot part

I'm looking for some thicker leggings though; like the ones I see models wearing on the runways under long tunics,etc
Most of the leggings I've found are mostly like tights.
Exactly. The leggings of today are not the same as they were back in the day. They look adorable paired with skirts or dresses.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:07 PM

20 posts, read 77,752 times
i just dont like leggings because i dont like to see bare feet. i prefer to see ladies in footed tights or pantyhose

Old 12-11-2009, 11:18 AM

12 posts, read 30,701 times
I cannot live without the Cotton & cashmere sweater legging by Victoria's Secret ($29 on Sale) in the Winter.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:41 AM

181 posts, read 485,678 times
At 32 yo, I also remember the last time leggings were "in".

My *favorite* leggings are from American Apparel (check them out online if there's no store near you). They sell a few different types, but I'm in love with their "Nylon Tricot High-Waist Legging".

The fabric is thick (like those we remember from back in the day!), & since the texture is more slippery than cotton-knit leggings, your tunic/dress/shirt won't stick to your legs & bunch up when you walk. The high waist also rocks... I wouldn't usually pick high-waisted pants, but in this case it gives you a wonderfully smooth line under your dress. Designed perfectly for layering!

I treat leggings like tights, usually pairing them with boots & dresses/tunics. This way, I can wear something feminine while still enjoying snuggly socks & warm feet.

Edited to add: I also recently found leggings of a similar fabric in Aldo Acessories (these might also have been high-waisted, but I'm not certain) & in Marshall's.

Last edited by ProdigalLobster; 12-11-2009 at 11:43 AM.. Reason: add'l info

Old 12-11-2009, 12:01 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalLobster View Post
At 32 yo, I also remember the last time leggings were "in".

My *favorite* leggings are from American Apparel (check them out online if there's no store near you). They sell a few different types, but I'm in love with their "Nylon Tricot High-Waist Legging".

The fabric is thick (like those we remember from back in the day!), & since the texture is more slippery than cotton-knit leggings, your tunic/dress/shirt won't stick to your legs & bunch up when you walk. The high waist also rocks... I wouldn't usually pick high-waisted pants, but in this case it gives you a wonderfully smooth line under your dress. Designed perfectly for layering!

I treat leggings like tights, usually pairing them with boots & dresses/tunics. This way, I can wear something feminine while still enjoying snuggly socks & warm feet.

Edited to add: I also recently found leggings of a similar fabric in Aldo Acessories (these might also have been high-waisted, but I'm not certain) & in Marshall's.
thanks so much. I've been looking for the thicker ones that are not so much like hose or tights.
I don't wear mine without boots or socks either. Love to wear them with my long tunic tops or short sweater dresses. Get a lot of compliments.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:09 PM

181 posts, read 485,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
thanks so much. I've been looking for the thicker ones that are not so much like hose or tights.
I don't wear mine without boots or socks either. Love to wear them with my long tunic tops or short sweater dresses. Get a lot of compliments.
You're welcome! The ones I adore at American Apparel are more expensive than the rest, but imho a very worthy investment. If I had more suitable tops, I'd wear them nearly every day. & from what I understand, if you wash them with a lil care (turn inside-out, avoid the dryer), they'll last quite a while.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:12 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,765,136 times
I think leggings work for everyone except if they are stretched so thin they are almost see thru - I'm 34 and I wear them all the time - i just think at my age they must cover my butt that is my only rule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty