Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Brand or Fit
Brand First 7 18.42%
Fit First 31 81.58%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 09:06 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,632,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by militarymom View Post
High end clothes means he takes care of himself more and LESS taking care of the ladies in my book. Too self absorbed is what I read when I see high end like that. I like a man to be a man. I prefer a pretty simple manly man, with a good attitude, fun, nice.... One who keeps himself clean, shaves, keeps a tight haircut and wears what he has around (that is clean and within reason of course). Levis, long sleeve T..whatever.

I absolutely do NOT notice the brand of clothes he wears. A guy seems to high maintenance for him to be worried about what brand his clothes are or fixing his hair just so with gel or pomade. If they fit nicely, and are clean that is cool with me. I also like a guy who can enjoy a burger and beer and not worry about what kind of bottle of wine to order though. Thank goodness I have myself a good natured wholesome all american midwestern man who cares more about football. That to me is sexy. Not that he is wearing levis or polo or whatever. Isn't that for women to worry about or is this just me?

I don't mean to be harsh here, just honest.
Worry less about clothes, just make sure they're clean!
And what she said
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 12:11 PM

339 posts, read 2,206,266 times
What constitutes grooming, since that seems to be coming up a lot? The only real extraneous grooming I do (aside from basic hygiene and something that's expected) is taking care of my skin (I have HUGE acne and blemish problems, so I try and exfoliate my skin to keep that to a minimum before I outgrow it). But I don't really go out of my way to do my hair (in fact I never gel/style my hair) or do stuff like that, so are there things I should be more aware about?

Old 11-17-2009, 01:35 PM

8,410 posts, read 39,292,076 times
Well you have to have clear skin. Get pro-activ or something. Use a system.

How can you not do anything with you hair? Is it a buzz cut?

Old 11-17-2009, 01:44 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,499,951 times
Basically clean. Showered, shaven (or at least facial hair should be appropriately attended to), teeth clean and look well taken care of, fresh breath. Hands should be clean nails should be clean and trimmed.

Old 11-17-2009, 02:05 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,058,477 times
TO ANSWER THE ORIGINAL QUESTION: Brand first. If he's still rocking some Karl Kani or Damaged Jeans circa 1990, then that usually tells me he does a lot of his shopping at Burlington Coat Factory, Gabriel Bros, Marshalls & TJ Maxx, which usually means he's BROKE or doesn't have a lot of money and ain't JACK a broke or penny pinchin' man can do for me...

Old 11-17-2009, 02:15 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,499,951 times
Quote:
which usually means he's BROKE or doesn't have a lot of money

..or that he has a lot of money due to the fact that he doesn't throw it all away paying full price for trendy clothing that will be outdated after 5 wearings....

Old 11-17-2009, 02:23 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,058,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post

..or that he has a lot of moneydue to the fact that he doesn't throw it all away paying full price for trendy clothing that will be outdated after 5 wearings....

True, but for the guys I run into in my city, this usually is not the case....lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty