Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 07:12 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,705,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Body piercing has become like tattoos: they used to be unique, and even maybe mean something aobut those who wore them, but nowadays are so prevalent that they mean zilch, with the exception that in the case of teenagers, body piercing is usually a depserate cry for attention.
My gf is an ER nurse at a local hospital. A patient there now is an 18-year-old teen girl. She just had half of her skull removed in a surgery to remove infection that spread from her tongue to her brain from a tongue stud.
How sad is this? A teen girl risking grievous injury to her health for the sake of wearing something that says: "Look at me...I am capable of giving excellent oral sex!"
Madness.
Are you sure that a person can survive with half their skull missing? I'm wondering if you are enlarging on this story just a wee bit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 07:34 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,912,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Just about every place you can imagine has been pierced. For one you might not have heard of, google "prince albert".
I've never heard of that, but I'm afraid to Google it. I'm on my daughter's computer.

But wow, those pictures shared here are going to give me nightmares! And I've received forwards from people with links to sites that had pictures of people with body piercings, and suspending themselves from ceilings/beams, etc. Just hanging by their piercings. The things people do....

Aptor hours, I have heard of people losing parts of their skull, and having it replaced with some kind of metal or steel. I have heard of terrible infections resulting from tongue studs. I am so grateful my grown children never wanted any body piercings, it was one less thing to worry about.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:46 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,322,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
But wow, those pictures shared here are going to give me nightmares! And I've received forwards from people with links to sites that had pictures of people with body piercings, and suspending themselves from ceilings/beams, etc. Just hanging by their piercings. The things people do....
I'm one of those. That's my bloody back after hanging from a tree by 4 hooks.

The most important thing to think about is, make sure the people who are putting stuff into your body know what they are doing (this applies to sex, food, etc... as well). Make sure that you follow the cleaning instructions and use some common sense. I turned out just fine.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:55 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,468,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
That is very sexy. And called a corset

I've always wanted to get a tattoo of a yin-yang on the back of my neck then get a horizontal piercing so that the two balls would be the dots in the yin-yang.
I saw a pic of this same type of piercing only with the black satin laces across and down the front of the pubic area of a female.

Very disturbing.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:10 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,705,492 times
I do not want a piercing like this, however, if somebody chooses to do this I'm not going to go getting all upset and disturbed over it

Old 11-11-2009, 02:36 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,632,832 times
A guiche (sp), is a pretty unusual one, basically it's piercing a guy's "taint" (the area that "taint" the sac, and "taint" the hole).

In between the toes/finger webbing, around the achilles tendon, surface to surface down the rib cage, fingernails, pretty much anywhere you have skin can and probably has already been pierced before somewhere by someone, lol.

Last edited by Cav Scout wife; 11-11-2009 at 02:37 PM.. Reason: apparently can't use medical names for body parts, lol!

Old 11-12-2009, 03:06 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,322,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
In between the toes/finger webbing, around the achilles tendon, surface to surface down the rib cage, fingernails, pretty much anywhere you have skin can and probably has already been pierced before somewhere by someone, lol.
Probably this guy

Old 11-18-2009, 11:19 AM

33 posts, read 252,620 times
I'm about to get dermal anchors done actually..Here is a picture but I'm not going to do the same spot, but we'll see :-)

Old 11-18-2009, 11:21 AM

33 posts, read 252,620 times
I'm about to get dermal anchors done actually..Here is a picture but I'm not going to do the same spot, but we'll see :-)

hmm..I cant seem to attach the picture since it has been posted my me on another thread ..Sorry!

Old 11-18-2009, 11:37 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,418,298 times
I have a few piercings. I really like them as they are kind of unique, I get a lot of compliments. They aren't anywhere obtrusive, I have my cartilege(sp?) in my ears done, not the very top but the fold above my ear canal, and on the other ear it's right before the ear canal. It's hard to describe, sorry! I also have a belly ring which is not unique. I used to have 8 gadge(cant spell today) in my ears in the lobes but took them out, same with the tounge ring. I got my tounge done a long time ago and took it out a few mo. later due to the sexual connotation. Maybe I was just niaeve but I really didn't get it done as a sexual thing, I just liked it. I don't have any tattoos as I just don't like the permanant factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty