Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2010, 05:50 PM

17 posts, read 39,377 times

Advertisements

My vote goes for less body hair.

I prefer shaved legs, shaved armpits, but I also think is is a personal choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy M View Post
Unless you look like a Gorrila, then you may want to think about it. Your average man doesnt have to think about it. Maybe facial. Or if their a metrosexual. You know nothing can be out of place. Which is pretty dang sickening. You ask me. A man is a man. Usually if hes trying to change something like that, I betcha it has something to do witih a women. Guys out their. Dont let the women try an do that. Dont let them dress you. Usually looking like them. And whats up with those tight jeans, tight shirt and most of all, those white ass sneekers. Never understoood it. Women usually have somethingg to do with that. Grow some ..........

How about growing up? The average man seems to think anything beyond baggy shorts hanging below their knees with their crack showing is cool, and looking like anything but a slob makes a statement about their sexual preferences. They worry about not looking like their buddies, which is why you see groups of guys dressed the same for some irrational fear that their friends might think they are gay if they don't look like they just pulled their clothes out of a dirty pile of laundry.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:35 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,804,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russkaya View Post

How about growing up? The average man seems to think anything beyond baggy shorts hanging below their knees with their crack showing is cool, and looking like anything but a slob makes a statement about their sexual preferences. They worry about not looking like their buddies, which is why you see groups of guys dressed the same for some irrational fear that their friends might think they are gay if they don't look like they just pulled their clothes out of a dirty pile of laundry.
Its mostly the African-American guys who wear baggy shorts/pants below their knees.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:00 PM

17 posts, read 39,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Its mostly the African-American guys who wear baggy shorts/pants below their knees.

The disease has spread to white suburbia where you can go into any store and see most of the men wearing baggy shorts down past their knees.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:19 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,947,316 times
Quote:

I see very few men who dress the way you describe.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:59 AM

226 posts, read 559,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
I see very few men who dress the way you describe.
Drive through any major cities' lower income neighborhood and that's about all you'll see. That's not being prejudice, that's just the way it is..

Old 08-14-2010, 09:16 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Oh yeah, I need to shave my legs, it's been like 2 weeks. Thanks for the reminder, fellas

Old 08-14-2010, 09:44 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,355,255 times
I don’t understand why so many see a problem with leg hair; it is as natural as any other part of the species. I also see advantages. Helps hold moisture in the summer and thus aids in the cooling process. It would help keep you warm in the winter also, to say nothing of covering the scars we get as we live active lives. I just don’t see a problem with it, and think it looks much better than the hairless look. When I was working in Europe I saw many women who did not shave their legs, and it was not a problem in my view. Their female hair is soft, and fine not as course as mine, and almost added a shimmer to their bare legs. If they had on stockings you couldn’t tell they had leg hair. I think we get too carried away with trying to look like some we are never going to be (hairless).

Old 08-14-2010, 09:59 AM

226 posts, read 559,961 times
I'm a male and have shaved every part of my body since I was old enough to grow hair. I don't shave like I used to just because it's more of a hassle as you get older. But shaving your privates is, well, a private thing. No one knows but you and your spouse (if you're married). You might be surprised who shaves. Even some of your closest friends might shave their private areas, legs or whatever and you may not know it. Would you think any less of them if you were to find out?

By the way, I'm 45 years old and have been married for over 20 years. And believe it or not, I have no desire to be with another man. I'm about as manly as a man can get. Those that judge men by the amount of hair they have or don't have on their bodies have a lot to learn.

And those of you that might have missed it, read my link on post 357. I think you'll find it interesting.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
The disease has spread to white suburbia where you can go into any store and see most of the men wearing baggy shorts down past their knees.
Depends on the neighborhood. Its mostly the low income and crime areas.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05chevy View Post
Drive through any major cities' lower income neighborhood and that's about all you'll see. That's not being prejudice, that's just the way it is..
Its called the 'Ghetto' look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty