Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 01:32 PM

553 posts, read 1,546,548 times

Advertisements

This year, I'm in love with Kat Vod D's "Adora", usually for a night out, or special occasion. For a lighter, every day kind of scent, I like a splash of VS's "Dream Angels Heavenly".

I'm incredibly picky and sensitive when it comes to smells. I'm not allergic to anything, thank goodness. I just know what I like and what I despise. I don't know what I like on guys. Most men don't know how to put on cologne, so they usually over do it and then it ruins the date. So, I'd almost rather they don't wear any cologne at all. I like a guy who smells clean. Like he just stepped out of the shower. Yummy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 09:47 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,142,530 times
Something that doesn't smell like tuberose. I think there are too many of those popular these days, like Michael Kors and Fracas. I like it at first sniff, but it gets too heavy for me as time passes.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:22 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,202,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
I think most of it STINKS. If either one is worn too heavily it is a headache and sneeze producer-which is not sexy at all!
It's just like cheap liquor, it you drink that, you'll almost always get a headache the next. BUT if you go for top shelf, you'll be just fine in the morning.

Fragrances are the same....always go for top shelf. It's hard for top shelf to "stink".......Top shelf usually does not give those "side effects" you're talking about. Those that wear "top shelf", are not new to wearing fragrances, therefore they know how much to apply.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:53 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,418,652 times
Flower Bomb by Victor & Rolf...AMAZING! I always have guys do double takes when I wear it..and it stays on all day. I just wish it wasn't so dang expensive .

Old 05-15-2011, 01:52 AM

30,409 posts, read 52,025,350 times
I'm allergic to most perfumes, so I generally stick with the "body sprays" - usually in a fruit-based scent, and definitely NO florals. I really love the Body Fantasy Cotton Candy or Raspberry, and Victoria's Secret Love Spell.

Oh, and there are two perfumes I'll wear for special occasions, which don't bother me too much... Casmir by Chopard and Hanae Mori Butterfly. Both have a very subtle vanilla/musk scent, and are absolutely yummy.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:02 AM

30,409 posts, read 52,025,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce2011 View Post
Most men don't know how to put on cologne, so they usually over do it and then it ruins the date. So, I'd almost rather they don't wear any cologne at all. I like a guy who smells clean. Like he just stepped out of the shower. Yummy.
I agree 100%, especially considering my allergies... too much cologne is not only a turn-off (particularly if it's cheap), but I'm not too attractive while having a sinus attack. I recently started dating a new guy, and was relieved when he smelled perfect on our first date - no noticeable scent/cologne, just fresh and clean! He has good breath too, hehe.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:03 AM

217 posts, read 807,308 times
EASILY the best smelling men's fragrances:
("*" indicates "niche" fragrances)

In no particular order......

LeMale
Dior Homme
Terre D' Hermes*
Mandorlo di Sicilia*
Arancia di Capri*
John Varvatos Artisan
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver*
Tom Ford Neroli Portofino*
Prada Amber Intense
Facconable
Hanae Mori
Armani Code
Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme
The Dreamer by Versace
Pure Havane
Bond no. 9 New Haarlem*
L'eau D'issey by Issey Miyake
Fahrenheit 32
La Nuit Homme by YSL
Lapidus
Clinique Happy
L'instant Guerlain*
Thallium
Thallium Black
Geir

There are about 30 more in my collection that smell equally fantastic, but I'll stop there! But trust, you can't go wrong with ANY of what's listed above!

MDK

Old 05-15-2011, 02:16 AM

5,073 posts, read 4,740,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo Du Kwan View Post
EASILY the best smelling men's fragrances:
("*" indicates "niche" fragrances)

In no particular order......

LeMale
Dior Homme
Terre D' Hermes*
Mandorlo di Sicilia*
Arancia di Capri*
John Varvatos Artisan
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver*
Tom Ford Neroli Portofino*
Prada Amber Intense
Facconable
Hanae Mori
Armani Code
Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme
The Dreamer by Versace
Pure Havane
Bond no. 9 New Haarlem*
L'eau D'issey by Issey Miyake
Fahrenheit 32
La Nuit Homme by YSL
Lapidus
Clinique Happy
L'instant Guerlain*
Thallium
Thallium Black
Geir

There are about 30 more in my collection that smell equally fantastic, but I'll stop there! But trust, you can't go wrong with ANY of what's listed above!

MDK
Great collection, for male or female! I would add a few Serge Lutens (Chergui, Miel de Bois, Fille en Aiguilles) and Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, among others. I find quite a few of these to be unisex.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:43 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,828,280 times
Some perfumes my nose and eyes can tolerate, that I actually like the smell of:
Sweet Honesty (remember that one? It was like, every teenage girl's very first scent in the 1970's)
Sunflowers
Love's Fresh Lemon (that was a close second after Sweet Honesty)
Coty Musk (which contained no actual musk; it was 100% artificial)
China Rain oil (something about the ether/phenol combination - like the smell of gasoline. I just really like that smell).

What I wear now:
Eau de Hadrien, by Annik Goutal

or I make my own with essential oils I buy in bulk. I almost always include either jasmin or rose absolut in my mixes.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:00 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,097,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablees8951 View Post
Right now I wear either Elizabeth Arden Mediterranean perfume or Victoria Secrets Succulent, they are pretty different. One's more elegant and the other is sweet like candy haha! On guys I love most of the Armani colgnes and Kenneth Cole Black...yummy! hehe! What is your favorite scent? I'm going shopping for something new for myself and would love to hear some favorites...

I love Burberry for men..and Gucci Guilty for men..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty