Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 11:38 AM

76 posts, read 291,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4U View Post
So Bulldog, bet you're sorry you asked. But what did you xxx oops!-girlfriend decide?
Look at all these woman waiting to hear. You just can't do that to us.
You'll have a stampede on your hands!

Like most of you, she thought they were dorky LOL. We browsed zappos and now she's suggesting:

Mustang X - Sandals - Rocket Dog-Elan-Polo Inc.

and

Dr. Scholl's Brown Men's Miami Shoe

Ladies, what do you think? I like that they are not as open as flip flops but still a bit more open than what I'm used to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 11:55 AM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,306,670 times
1st ones are rags for $40. NOT!

The second ones are much better, but slip ons. You may want to find some local place to try a slip on on 1st. Some guys have a hard time with them. Even flip flops are easier, as you can sort of hold them on with toe squeeze action.

By the way, the pic of the sandal below the Dr. Scholl's don't look bad for that closed/hidden toe you wanted.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:59 AM

2,320 posts, read 2,565,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog77 View Post
LOL Guess I used a little too much suntan lotion. So do ya think those shoes work in the OP would look ok?

Yes! I think they would look great on you. Go forth and enjoy

Old 09-20-2009, 12:02 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,565,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Yes! I think they would look great on you. Go forth and enjoy
Let me clarify...I think the ones you originally chose -- part sandal, part open tennis shoe -- would look great...guys shouldn't have to wear sandals if they are not comfortable in them...it will show...you want to be cool and comfortable...that's the point, right?

Old 09-20-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
1st ones are rags for $40. NOT!

The second ones are much better, but slip ons. You may want to find some local place to try a slip on on 1st. Some guys have a hard time with them. Even flip flops are easier, as you can sort of hold them on with toe squeeze action.

By the way, the pic of the sandal below the Dr. Scholl's don't look bad for that closed/hidden toe you wanted.
I'm glad you point out the closed toe ones....I didn't even notice them! Would they be acceptable on a 20 something? I've seen older guys wearing them but not sure if they are suitable for my age group. Can you do a lot of walking in the slip ons? Or is it better to just get the ones in post #3?

Old 09-20-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Sure thing for the 20 + guys. Any earth color I would go with. Pink - NO!
Ok great, I will show the gf and see what she thinks. I just wonder if they would be able to handle a lot of walking.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Let me clarify...I think the ones you originally chose -- part sandal, part open tennis shoe -- would look great...guys shouldn't have to wear sandals if they are not comfortable in them...it will show...you want to be cool and comfortable...that's the point, right?
I agree but I don't want to wear something that would make me stand out and look stupid. It's the same reason I won't wear flip flops. I'm just looking for something comfortable, breathable but not too open, stylish, that can handle a little bit of walking.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:24 PM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,306,670 times
Any footwear takes breaking in. I would recommend wearing whatever you choose at least 1 hr. a day a week before you have to actually HAVE to wear them.

As far as my 1st pick, I live in a tourist town. All ages, even little, little kids wear this style, amoung others. The velcro make them easy on/off and adjustible. The longer you're on your feet and the hotter they get, they, your feet, will swell and the footwear might have to be adjusted.

But this is not life or death stuff here. As someone else said... You have to be comfortable. Go with YOUR gut. Just MHO.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:24 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,960,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog77 View Post
Ok great, I will show the gf and see what she thinks. I just wonder if they would be able to handle a lot of walking.

Bulldog, I was really just teasing you. Yes, I did look like a clown in mine, but that's just me. Plus I have big feet to begin with (and I'm female).

I bet if you were to spend an hour or two in any college town, or outdoorsy, "crunchy" (as my niece put it ) area, you would see a lot of guys
wearing the original you posted. I just got back from Colorado and went to watch a rafting competition in Golden. Almost every guy from
teen to 40+ was wearing something comparable. Go for comfort, especially since you'll be walking a lot.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Any footwear takes breaking in. I would recommend wearing whatever you choose at least 1 hr. a day a week before you have to actually HAVE to wear them.

As far as my 1st pick, I live in a tourist town. All ages, even little, little kids wear this style, amoung others. The velcro make them easy on/off and adjustible. The longer you're on your feet and the hotter they get, they, your feet, will swell and the footwear might have to be adjusted.

But this is not life or death stuff here. As someone else said... You have to be comfortable. Go with YOUR gut. Just MHO.
The open toe thing sorta bothers me but I am willing to try them out if the gf likes them. Most of the guys my age are wearing sandals these days so they must not be all that bad. I guess it just takes some getting used to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty