Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 09:13 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,943,965 times

Advertisements

Yes, I recommend that men (and women) get full pedicures from a salon before wearing sandals. It makes a huge difference especially if you've never had one before. It's a great starting point so that you will know what well-kept feet should look like. LOL. Not only does it improve the look of your feet but it's great for the overall health of your skin, too (you should exfoliate and moisturize regularly). Pedicures last quite a while as long as you continue to maintain it on your own. The average person probably only needs a professional pedi once every other month or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 12:16 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,906,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKing78 View Post
I agree that some people have no business wearing them. Do you recommend that guys get full pedicures from a salon? My feet are in pretty decent shape since I wear shoes/socks pretty much all week until the weekend. But I'm sure as summer goes on, that will probably change. Now that I'm wearing them more than I have in the past, I noticed that my feet are getting a little dry.
I see guys all of the time getting pedi's. I took my husband for one several years ago. He had always said something about how nice it must be for ME to get my feet rubbed on and all pampered and he likes it too. He just wanted me to do it but I'm not "into feet". So I took him for one on his birthday (which is today, lol). We both got one. One lady there wanted to take his pic to show her husband that a "man man" could actually get a pedicure as she wanted her husband too. You get pretty rough and dry feet a lot easier wearing socks all of the time or at least I do. Once you get a pedi you will never turn back. Just for the guys, when they tell you to, "pick out color"......... skip that part

Old 06-29-2009, 11:23 PM

64 posts, read 185,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
Yes, I recommend that men (and women) get full pedicures from a salon before wearing sandals. It makes a huge difference especially if you've never had one before. It's a great starting point so that you will know what well-kept feet should look like. LOL. Not only does it improve the look of your feet but it's great for the overall health of your skin, too (you should exfoliate and moisturize regularly). Pedicures last quite a while as long as you continue to maintain it on your own. The average person probably only needs a professional pedi once every other month or so.
I've never had one before and considered getting one but I'm not so sure I could go through with it lol. Do you normally make an appointment when you go or just walk in? When is the best time to go to avoid a big crowd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
You get pretty rough and dry feet a lot easier wearing socks all of the time or at least I do. Once you get a pedi you will never turn back. Just for the guys, when they tell you to, "pick out color"......... skip that part
In my case, wearing socks all week to work and the gym keep my feet from getting dried out. I guess if I were barefoot and walked around in flip flops every day, it would probably be a different story.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:13 AM

41,991 posts, read 75,279,142 times
Yes, sandals have become increasingly popular. Their popularity increases exponentially from April ... and into May ... and then into June. It's been happening every year for decades.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:01 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,124,457 times
I was a teenager in the early/mid 60's and sandals were very popular then - and I remember wearing flip flops as a younger girl.

Today, pretty sandals are still my favorite type of shoe, flat or with a heel. I live in the desert southwest and these type shoes are a mainstay all year round.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:23 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,924,900 times
I don't know where the OP lives but sandals have been popular with men since the 60's.Go to a area that it is warm and you see guys wearing them with shorts all the time as casual wear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty