Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 03:27 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,327,596 times

Advertisements

What little I've ever bought from Avon I always liked.

I like the lip glosses and the lipsticks. I always liked Avon when I was in high school because it was budget friendly. I didn't care for the perfumes in the moisturizers and the hand lotions.

Some of Avon's perfumes can be hit or miss. I've always found them to be a little strong.

I don't really care for the MARK line. I find the prices a little high for what it is and the colors just aren't it for me.

My mom swears by Avon's Silicone Glove, but I can't stand the smell of it.

I do like their costume jewelery. I find it fun and pretty inexpensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 04:06 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,901,739 times
I buy various Avon products and here is my review:

Foundations and powders - not that great; doesn't last
Mascaras - average to good
Lipsticks - average
Nail polish, nail products (removers, etc.) - Excellent, lasts a long time (as in it does not congeal in the container, easy to spread even if not fresh anymore)
Hair products - Good; does not make hair dry, brittle; dandruff formula works well
Clothes - fair material, average to below average in workmanship, sizes run small
Purses - good, but could be priced a little lower
Costume jewelry - good value

Old 11-04-2009, 04:13 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,359,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
I buy various Avon products and here is my review:

Foundations and powders - not that great; doesn't last
Mascaras - average to good
Lipsticks - average
Nail polish, nail products (removers, etc.) - Excellent, lasts a long time (as in it does not congeal in the container, easy to spread even if not fresh anymore)
Hair products - Good; does not make hair dry, brittle; dandruff formula works well
Clothes - fair material, average to below average in workmanship, sizes run small
Purses - good, but could be priced a little lower
Costume jewelry - good value
I used to be a rep and I have to agree with pretty much your whole statement. I used to hate the colors and sizes of things are usually different in the book than in person. Either they make the item appear large in the book and its not or a teal eyeshadow in the book and a dark blue shadow in person. Jewlery is cheaply made to about average.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:42 PM

1,113 posts, read 3,495,441 times
I usually have only bought jewelry, perfume, bath products, or shoes (like flip-flops)from Avon.
I think the clothing is overpriced.
I DO wish they would bring back the Millenia perfume line!!

Old 11-04-2009, 05:11 PM

2,080 posts, read 4,846,341 times
The Anew product line is fantastic for the over 40 crowd! It works as well or better than any expensive department store brand and I have tried them all!

Old 11-04-2009, 09:01 PM

96 posts, read 380,858 times
Years ago I wasn't overly impressed with Avon but their products now, especially in makeup and skincare are as good as department store brands and less expensive, too. Also, they are a guaranteed return policy if you don't like the product.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:18 AM

27,349 posts, read 27,402,913 times
Im cheap, rarely to seldom get something from Avon and when I do, its usually just the perfume. Most of my make-up comes from K Mart, its more affordable, lol.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:05 AM

1,397 posts, read 4,846,959 times
I used to use Avon for a long time, and I loved almost all of their products. Now, I don't use them anymore, because I moved, and the girl I used to order the products from is in another city. I guess I can always order it online...

Old 11-06-2009, 05:37 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,695,020 times
Yes! I have used Avon products for at least 20 years, and really enjoy them. The quality is right up there with more expensive products. I used their Clearskin line for oily/acne prone skin and had some good luck with it. The fragrances are nice and long lasting. The lipsticks are creamy and very well made, as is the nail polishes.
Give them a try, I think you will enjoy them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
Are they any good?
That is my question...

Old 11-07-2009, 12:50 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
I don't care much for Avon products, but this could be because I'm more into immediate gratification.
If I purchase something, I want it now. Right now.

Avon is for those who can tolerate delayed gratification.
Same here. I am very picky when it comes to makeup and cosmetics in general. I used Avon when I was in HS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty