Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 04:41 PM

926 posts, read 1,460,532 times

Advertisements

My son and daughters all have tat's but none are visible when they are wearing regular street clothes. I had that talk with them about the image that goes along with tat's while applying for jobs and they all heeded my advice. I even have a tat, and never had any need or desire for one. My son and I have the same one, mine on my ankle, his on his shoulder. We look at it as a father-son bond...I love the idea and the bond.

As far as Tyson goes, too bad the ear he gnawed didn't have a studded ear-ring in it when he bit it. Women beaters rank right down there with child molesters in my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2007, 04:46 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,226,515 times
My son never got a tatoo and he's now 30, so hopefully, it will remain that way. His dad (my ex) has several.

What would I do if he had? I would have been very upset, but I'd get over it.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:51 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,412,329 times
I wouldnt be upset if my son got it in a place that wasnt shown all the time (like the neck). Ive been debating getting an image from the Book of Kells on my thigh for about 5 years.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:58 PM

926 posts, read 1,460,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I wouldnt be upset if my son got it in a place that wasnt shown all the time (like the neck). Ive been debating getting an image from the Book of Kells on my thigh for about 5 years.
DO IT!! Good Lord, you could have had all of the words from War and Peace tatted on you in 5 years!!

Old 04-06-2007, 05:05 PM

3,020 posts, read 25,736,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
I would imagine that they couldn't have been too surprised. It's doubtful that he was hanging with mainstream friends and all of a sudden got a tatoo like that. I know this is totally generalizing, but I'd bet that he is still living at home and a bit of a slacker. If so, I'd give him three months to get it together and find out what the real world is like, because he is obviously not living in it now.

Edit- Point of clarification- I am not opposed to tats- I have one myself, but to get a large tatoo on the neck is making a statement that should be questioned. I also agree with the other posters about his Mike Tyson-as-role-model thoughts. Lots going on under the surface with this young man.
I would like some one to explain to me why women feel the need to get tattoos??

You used to have to go to Hong Kong or wherever? At least the tattoo artists (I guess that is what they call themselves) were pretty accomplished. Some these ones today look like they were done by a second grade drop out.

Ok, I used to understand why sailors and the like got tattoos. I never had that great urge. But I do not understand why a normal civilian, average Joe would want one. Better yet, any women and sure not on your face and sure not some ugly thing to carry around all your life. Especially when it has no special meaning.

Tho I did sort of like that babe with the map tattoo'd on her backsides shown in another thread. But then again, I probably would have appreciated her art better if it was all just plain bare canvas.

If it was a son, I would be pretty disappointed. To me, these days it is more like smoking. They start to follow the crowd. Once it is on there then what. Maybe the undertakers get the last laugh. 99% of them are just plain ugly, especially on women.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:13 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,940,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
Tattoos are very popular right now especially with the young. I wonder if some of the people who get Tattoos today will regret having one 20-30-40 years from how when they are older and more mature.

A friends boy got his first tattoo on his 21st Birthday and it is huge on his neck. He is also thinking of getting one on his face just like his hero Mike Tyson (the boxer). What would you say to your son if he got a tattoo in such a ovious location?
Depends on what the tatoo is... if it's a tat of gang or prison signs, then I would call a plastic surgeon with experiences with lasers! If it's a scene of a field and meadow filled with bunnies and deer... then I call a psychologist.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:16 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,376,479 times
All I can say, the tattoo better stand up to the test of time. :-)

If my son got a tattoo on an obvious part of his body and he was thinking of working in corporate anywhere -- whoa - that would be a major problem.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:08 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,779,523 times
The neck, who cares he can hide it if he had to. On the face, he is really asking for trouble for many reasons. Maybe you can find a tattoo artist that has some sense and would be willing to have a chat with him. Coming from the artist, he might be more willing to listen.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:39 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,160,820 times
My son is 17 , he has been wanting a tat for a while now. Here in Georgia, law state must be 18.
My son wants a tatoo memoralizing his grandparents.
Being an olny child, he would like all of us to get the same tatoo, as a bond.
We just haven't all agreed to the same one yet. The closest we have come up with would be the three stooges (just joking)

Old 04-07-2007, 07:50 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,642,016 times
You need to think Hepatitis C. Over 30% of those foolish enough to get a tattoo develop hepatitis C. Tattoo parlors not known for a pristine environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty