Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 10:21 AM

2,312 posts, read 7,531,469 times

Advertisements

It's tough to take an objective look at the way you dress yourself, and do it perfectly. Some women opt for tight and sexy, others go for bland and faultless, others have a more sophisticated sense of style.

The toughest part for me was the transition between being a working woman, and then changing to a stay at home mom cleaning the house and getting puked on all day. WTF do you wear for that???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 11:52 AM

607 posts, read 1,404,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevedark View Post
It's tough to take an objective look at the way you dress yourself, and do it perfectly. Some women opt for tight and sexy, others go for bland and faultless, others have a more sophisticated sense of style.

The toughest part for me was the transition between being a working woman, and then changing to a stay at home mom cleaning the house and getting puked on all day. WTF do you wear for that???
LOL! I know what you mean! The answer for me is a T-Shirt and gym pants with sneakers. Every day. If I had time to think about it, I might feel inferior, but I just don't have time to think about it...

Old 04-01-2009, 12:07 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,649,527 times
Quote:

Oh, I remember those days! I don't remember exactly what I wore, though, it's all a blur! I always got holes in the knees of my jeans from crawling around on the floor all the time!

Old 04-01-2009, 12:18 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,174,798 times
LOL--I remember those days. Just put on work out clothes. Afterall being a stay at home mom is a work out!! AND The most important job in the world!!

Quote:

Old 04-01-2009, 01:23 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,827,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Huh?? PULEEZ. I've got FOUR pair of "colorful" plaid shorts....I've been wearing them for YEARS - before the younger set even realized how cool they were.
Ah, no, not those.

These:

http://www.ae.com/Images/web/global/...9/w_shorts.jpg

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 04-02-2009 at 07:42 AM.. Reason: copyright images - use link and not image tags, please

Old 04-01-2009, 01:44 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,148,501 times
what's wrong with those shorts? i have several pairs of them that i wear regularly.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:48 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,827,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
what's wrong with those shorts? i have several pairs of them that i wear regularly.
Wear those with a graphic shirt with "MALIBU" across it and a pair of rhinestone encrusted flip flops and you will likely blind many a teen.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:04 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,148,501 times
Well...I'm not one to wear rhinestones...but I dont' see the harm in wearing those shorts with a cute top.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:41 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,649,527 times
I would wear the shorts, maybe just a little longer - as I said before, as long as the butt cheeks don't show you are good! And, one of my favorite pair of flip flops are black with rhinestones! They are thin and not to flashy - I love them! No MALIBU shirts though!

Old 04-01-2009, 02:47 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,906,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsh1127 View Post
I would wear the shorts, maybe just a little longer - as I said before, as long as the butt cheeks don't show you are good! And, one of my favorite pair of flip flops are black with rhinestones! They are thin and not to flashy - I love them! No MALIBU shirts though!
I LOVE my Cole Hahn "flip flops" that are rhinestones. You don't see teens wearing these shoes. Teens were cheap-o plastic flip flops most of the time not ones with rhinestones on them let alone ones that cost over $100.

I also like those shorts. They just don't work on me . No tee's that say "Malibu" on them either for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty