Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 09:26 PM

1,113 posts, read 3,494,372 times

Advertisements

I have always hated my high forehead. I've always wanted a cute, round face, like Kirsten Dunst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 01:15 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,297,759 times
"High" foreheads is a feature that I've never liked, and is one of the things I like least about Angelina Jolie's face. Same with Andie MacDowell and Nicole Kidman (although I suspected natural hair loss in Nicole several years ago, which is a shame). However, high foreheads accommodate bangs really well.

But I have a widow's peak and I've never liked it, either.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:22 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
TWO INCHES!
My god...I thought I was extreme in straitening the line.
I just rip out my widows peak and messy temple lines.
I actually measure chin to forehead proportions as to not over do it. LOL

Maybe all the old farts in here are jealous of the wrinkle free foreheads...
Or maybe its just the beauty is in familiarity...Low foreheads are a sign of low intelligence. So is mocking people as a grown adult. But I know its just so fulfilling and purposeful how does one stop?
Widows Peaks are awesome! Don't rip it out!

Old 06-02-2010, 11:36 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,885,027 times
I don't have a high forehead, but my forehead is very pale (that part of my face has a hard time tanning when I'm outdoors for some reason). And I prefer to wear bangs to cover it up. I've had bangs since I was 10 years old.

I would think bangs would be better for women with high foreheads. I saw Tyra Banks with bangs the other day, and she rocked it! She looks much better with bangs. She too has a high forehead, for sure!

Old 06-02-2010, 11:57 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,006,893 times
I can't imagine the amount of hair that would have to be removed! That would be extremely painful. Personally I don't notice it unless someones hair line is REALLY far back and their forheads look huge. I guess I will have to pay closer attention!

Old 06-02-2010, 03:03 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
They might have the hairs removed. I think it's done through threading or electrolysis. Something like that.

I saw an episode of America's Next Top Model where they did threading to an Indian girl, as her forehead was a bit low. I think they may do that to achieve the more "ideal" proportions of a high forehead & smaller chin/jaw.

If not getting them raised, some celebrities have their hairlines "adjusted" to make it more even (get rid of baby hairs, etc.).
Like everything, it seems that Hollywood has to exaggerate "ideals".

I believe that Rita Hayworth had her hairline raised as well. The studio did it to make her appear less "Hispanic", supposedly. Apparently, people of Latin origin have lower hairlines ....eh, I don't really see the connection.
I never knew that was the case about latins and lower hairlines - but it sure would explain why Mary Ann Esposito's hairline begins in the middle of her forehead. I often wonder if it's a wig and it is just worn really low on her forehead for some reason - but it is distracting enough to the point that I focus on her hairline instead of listen to her speak.

http://www.theresident.com/wp-conten...1/Winefest.jpg
http://ciaoitalia.typepad.com/.a/6a0...8bef970c-250wi

Old 06-03-2010, 07:13 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times
If I had a really low forehead I would probably get it removed, gradually, through electrolysis if I could afford it.

I like a high forehead that looks natural, but some really show the skull curving to the top of the head and look (and probably are) artificially done. I think I like a totally bald look better than a half head of hair( an exaggeration).

Sean Hannity could stand having some of that forehead hair removed, in my opinion.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:29 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
To me, balance and symmetry is important.

Excessively low hairlines look fairly simian to me, but the bulbous skull-like like Marcia Cross look isn't a good look either. However, you work with what you've got. Women whose foreheads are out of proportion at least have the option of rocking bangs to help balance it out, given that they've experienced a resurgence of trendiness in recent years.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:51 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
I'm proud of my high forehead. My dad gave it to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by missncr View Post
I have a feeling the 'high forehead' is going to be the next 'big lips' fad.
Cool! Then I'll be all ready to go forth and be fashionable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I think of Sean Hannity.
Ooh. I try not to do that.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:53 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
"I think of Hannity" -

Ooh. I try not to do that.
He's the only one that I can think of in the media who really looks odd.

Of course, he IS rather odd.

I will never forget that clip I saw on tv. Some people were protesting Hannity for some reason or another. He had to walk from one building to the next, passing through a public area. He was walking with a young women, his intern. The crowd was more raucous at the sight of him and chased them. Hannity broke into a kind of run and left the poor defenseless young girl behind him.

I felt so sorry for her.

And embarrassed to see such a big name act in such a crass and low manner.

Yeah, in his case, the simian hairline is telling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty