Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about breast augmentation?
For it 9 16.36%
Against it 21 38.18%
Don't really care 22 40.00%
Other 3 5.45%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 03:52 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,420,592 times

Advertisements

I'm not large breasted by any means but I have to say I'm happy with what I have. If your not happy and your doing for yourself then I would have to say go for it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 05:41 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,371,949 times
For those who do not need implants for medical reasons, I'd for go them. I had them and got really sick from the silicone It's called Silicone Immune Toxicity Syndrome or Defficiancy syndrome. I have it and will for the rest of my life even after having the implants removed.

Silicone Immune Toxicity Syndrome

http://www.plastikos.com/documents/A...fromDrKolb.pdf

Get all the facts before you make this decission

Old 02-12-2009, 11:31 AM

809 posts, read 2,885,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
For those who do not need implants for medical reasons, I'd for go them. I had them and got really sick from the silicone It's called Silicone Immune Toxicity Syndrome or Defficiancy syndrome. I have it and will for the rest of my life even after having the implants removed.

Silicone Immune Toxicity Syndrome

http://www.plastikos.com/documents/A...fromDrKolb.pdf

Get all the facts before you make this decission

thats why they invented the cohesive gel ones..... they do NOT leak into your body if the implant somehow breaks. If you go to www.justbreastimplants.com they have videos from a plastic surgeon who literally CUTS OPEN a cohesive gel silicone implant and SHOWS that it can't come apart and leak anywhere.........

I'm guessing you had the PREVIOUS kind of silicone implants? The ones that WEREN'T cohesive???? Then I'd see why it WAS dangerous.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:29 PM

557 posts, read 2,612,225 times
What size are you aiming for? Personally, I think a "B" cup would be right for most ladies. But buying a padded bra is sooooo much cheaper, easier, and there's no pain or surgical complications. I'd spend the money on a Rollex instead. Really think hard about going larger than a "B" cup. I'm naturally a 36G. I love my breasts because they are part of me, but they really DO get in the way. Have to push them aside to tie my shoes; it's impossible to run or jog comfortably; can't get fully close to my husband; and men are always looking at my chest. BUT, having larger hips, the larger breasts do balance things out. Bottom line is do what makes you happy but realize that breast augmentation is major surgery.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:32 PM

557 posts, read 2,612,225 times
Oh, just recalled an old Joan River's joke (and this one supports the benefit of smaller breasts). She got into an crowded elevator. There was a man standing next to her and she felt him pinch her breast. She then saw that he was standing on it!

Old 02-12-2009, 03:39 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,328,568 times
Now that they're everywhere, I think they've lost their uniqueness. The flat girls are the ones who stand out now- you won't see a fashion model with DDDs, that's for sure.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunInHair View Post
What size are you aiming for? Personally, I think a "B" cup would be right for most ladies. But buying a padded bra is sooooo much cheaper, easier, and there's no pain or surgical complications. I'd spend the money on a Rollex instead. Really think hard about going larger than a "B" cup. I'm naturally a 36G. I love my breasts because they are part of me, but they really DO get in the way. Have to push them aside to tie my shoes; it's impossible to run or jog comfortably; can't get fully close to my husband; and men are always looking at my chest. BUT, having larger hips, the larger breasts do balance things out. Bottom line is do what makes you happy but realize that breast augmentation is major surgery.
I'm aiming for a small C..... on my body frame it would work. I'm currently an A and NOOOOOOO padded bra in the WORLD will give me any cleavage! When you have NOTHING there is NOTHING to push up! :P

I would def be getting something that just looks natural on me honestly. And I REALLLLLLY think I'm guna wait until AFTER I have kids cuz then they'll be set, where as if I do it BEFORE kids then they'll change while I'm preggers

Old 02-12-2009, 09:16 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,148,271 times
I'm against them....I don't understand going under the knife and risking your healthy sheerly for vanity. If other people do it...whatever, their body & their life.
For cancer survivors or things along those lines, well, I understand it a lot more.

I personally don't like huge boobs (cow udders....ick) and fake boobs are even worse (rock hard...ick). I think major cleavage looks like a butt is growing out of your chest . I think it is sexier when there is some flat space between the breasts, and a deep v top shows that space. It looks more elegant, and there's 2 individual breasts instead of a uni-boob.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
I'm against them....I don't understand going under the knife and risking your healthy sheerly for vanity. If other people do it...whatever, their body & their life.
For cancer survivors or things along those lines, well, I understand it a lot more.

I personally don't like huge boobs (cow udders....ick) and fake boobs are even worse (rock hard...ick). I think major cleavage looks like a butt is growing out of your chest . I think it is sexier when there is some flat space between the breasts, and a deep v top shows that space. It looks more elegant, and there's 2 individual breasts instead of a uni-boob.
rock hard only comes from saline implants........ cohesive gel silicone are not hard at all.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:58 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,277,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
rock hard only comes from saline implants........ cohesive gel silicone are not hard at all.
Actually what makes them hard is the pocket of tissue that holds them tightens up and hardens into scar tissue,squeezing down on the implant. You have to massage your boobs for (x) amt of time after getting any implant to prevent this. BUT according to my surgeon consult, he said that is not a guarantee.Bodies can scar with all the right treatment just depending on the individual. The girls who had saline were not rock boobs but the silicone ones feel way more real. If you do get them talk to your doctor about the under the muscle option for a smoother feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty