Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 03:01 PM

931 posts, read 3,805,433 times

Advertisements

omg she is so fat. I dont even want to look at her anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 03:11 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,126,597 times
Oh, I've smelled it for a while now.

Old 02-07-2009, 03:22 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,245,736 times
I can never understand who made the rule that only a 100 pound woman looks sexy and attractive to begin with.

Old 02-07-2009, 03:25 PM

8,410 posts, read 39,279,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Oh, I've smelled it for a while now.
Maybe some got stuck in your sinus cavity. Neti pots are great for that

Old 02-07-2009, 07:58 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,329,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Well, yeah.
The point mimimomx3 was making is that Travolta DID jump start his career based on looks...
I was!!!
He might have had a serious acting path to Vinnie Barbarino, but his career took off with his dumb and good looking role on Welcome Back, Kotter, not on his off Broadway character acting.

Old 02-08-2009, 01:54 PM

7,376 posts, read 5,491,311 times
I think the people criticizing her are jealous of her. I just read in a magazine that Jessica own a company and makes billions, yes, billions on a shoe line, clothing line, perfume line, etc... If I was her with all that money I wouldn't give a fig about what people are saying about me!

Old 02-08-2009, 02:11 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,900,902 times
I do believe there's many a male on City-Data who is more terrified of an overweight woman (from ten pounds on up) than by prostate cancer.

Old 02-08-2009, 02:50 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,174,798 times
ok, no offense intended but I had to LOL at your post. I look really good-ok? I'm not jealous of her when I post that she is no longer the hot babe she wants to be. That's her problem. I can say she looks fat cause she made her millions from people such as myself who either watched her show,bought her music(),paid to see her concerts or movie(s) or bought anything she is selling. Now if she worked in the private sector and had not made her millions based on her svelte body then I wouldn't have reason to say one thing.
Once a performer puts themselves out there in the hopes of garnering attention and money based on that image, they lose the right to complain when someone is critical. She can't have her cake and eat it too......though looks like she tried
There are multiple celebrities who are not sex symbols but make great money doing their craft. When someone has talent and exercises said talent to make a living,they are typically judged on that and that alone. When someone opts to use their body as a money making tool-they better keep that tool fine toned or face the fallout.
If Jessica stays the weight she is or gains more,people may come to view her in a different light. She better be prepared to prove herself though with her singing and acting. IF she loses weight(and I'm betting she will) then everyone will know it was important to her to look GOOD and when that happens-case closed. She will have shown everyone what is important to her--her looks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
I think the people criticizing her are jealous of her. I just read in a magazine that Jessica own a company and makes billions, yes, billions on a shoe line, clothing line, perfume line, etc... If I was her with all that money I wouldn't give a fig about what people are saying about me!

Old 02-08-2009, 03:26 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,632,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
Well, i think that part of it is the fact that she is pretty much known for her looks.

While a singer and "actress", she is pretty much known for being hot, not for any other accomplishments. Do you think she would have been a pro singer or in Dukes of Hazzard if she wasn't?

Now that she seems to have lost her looks, that is why people are saying stuff.
Aretha Franklin and Queen Latifah.

Both fuller figured women that are VERY successful. (acting and singing)

Old 02-08-2009, 03:29 PM

10,215 posts, read 17,900,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Aretha Franklin and Queen Latifah.

Both fuller figured women that are VERY successful. (acting and singing)
I don't think IonRedline was saying people who are full figured are never successful in acting or singing. I think the point was that Jessica Simpson in particular is not talented enough to have become successful or famous enough without her good looks or slim figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty