Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2009, 10:14 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,173,884 times

Advertisements

Most people I know have tattoos and they are some of the most normal people around. A few of them are high-ranking professionals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 10:20 AM

3,383 posts, read 6,653,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
I cannot understand tatoos. They are so ugly and damage your skin, not to mention they make you look low class as hell. Why do people think they look cool with this ugly mess on their bodies. I have seen people that could have been attractive, but they chose to have ugly tatoos everywhere. I think it came from the lower class or from convicts. They always have a lot of tatoos. If I see a man with that on him I am discusted.
WOW! For someone with the user name Artsy, you sure are intolerant of others forms of art.

You don't like them fine, but don't get so disGusted that you blow a gasket from someone individual artistic expression.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:29 AM

3,383 posts, read 6,653,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
On this note, the military does NOT want its members to have piercings or tattoos. Female members may have their ears pierced, but I believe that only small gold ball type earrings are permitted in uniform.

Truth. Guy went up to MEPS with a pierced eyebrow. He wasn't even IN the service, and they're telling him to take it out! The military is VERY conservative.
It's funny you are saying that about the military, since the USN was one of the leaders in bringing tattoos to the US.

And no one I served with or my husband served with had a problem with tattoos, hell we (separately, since we served at different times) all went as a group to go get memorial tats or Co/Bn tats.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:50 AM

8,410 posts, read 39,351,249 times
I don't like how they age. I think they look fantastic but:

-has to be the right person
-has to be the right artist
-has to be the right piece

I think the best one I saw in person was probably a Koi wrap around my friend had. He didn't get it for fashion at all. He makes Koi ponds, breeds them and makes custom fish tanks for the "well to do" type people. It was all over his arm and wrapped up over his shoulder to his back that went into a bubbles, leaves and flowers cascade down his back...It was so pretty. But I am still avoiding needles at all costs...lol

Old 02-09-2009, 10:57 AM

733 posts, read 1,933,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
they do but in a somewhat confused manner.
tattoos quickest way to make your mistakes visible and permanent.
kick in the head young people run out and pay people to put scars on them
you wana look tough? being tough is much better than looking tough
that way you give your adversary no warning.
Who says it's ever going to be a mistake? and what does having to "look tough" have to do with it?

So many people with an opinion about tattoos and no knowledge of it what so ever.....

Old 02-09-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
They are going to go out of style at some point, and there is going to be huge amounts of regret, and trips to doctors to get them burned off with lasers.
The history of tattoo began over 5000 years ago .....It's not just a fashion statement.....

Old 02-09-2009, 10:59 AM

8,410 posts, read 39,351,249 times
Well if you are tough I guess you can deal with your mistakes though right? Maybe they are tougher than assumed!

Old 02-09-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Well if you are tough I guess you can deal with your mistakes though right? Maybe they are tougher than assumed!
lol, well that may be so, but I have no regrets and I never will when it comes to my tats...no mistakes there....

well gotta go...got a tat apt I have to get ready for ....

Old 02-09-2009, 11:30 AM

61,254 posts, read 87,751,503 times
Quote:
a bit of ego no? the assumption that you can outrun the turtle and take a nap too? i have never needed handicaps. to get this far, i needed every break i could get.
if you know how far i have come you would not laugh at how far behind i am.
signed
the turtle

Old 02-09-2009, 11:54 AM

526 posts, read 1,063,172 times
Quote:
I don't like how they age. I think they look fantastic but:

-has to be the right person
-has to be the right artist
-has to be the right piece

I think the best one I saw in person was probably a Koi wrap around my friend had. He didn't get it for fashion at all. He makes Koi ponds, breeds them and makes custom fish tanks for the "well to do" type people. It was all over his arm and wrapped up over his shoulder to his back that went into a bubbles, leaves and flowers cascade down his back...It was so pretty. But I am still avoiding needles at all costs...lol
rite i agree.
but the ones i dont like are when people get names of gf's, bf's best friend
family or your name since it wont ever change. you know
i have my name on my leg it looks pretty good if u ask me.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty