Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2012, 11:40 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Huh?! Far from it (if you only knew).

Stop playing the politic card. That's stupid, too.

Look, I'm just one who doesn't think the naked body needs much adornment/help-if any.

Bunch of young kids think they know it all, but you punks are just reading the history books (or Google), and I have obviously lived longer and seen more in the real than you. Trust me, it's a passing fad. If many are doing it (mostly the entertainers, young, youngish ,druggies,or young wannabees) in only a few years--it's a stinking stupid silly dumb fad.

Stop scarring up your bodies simply because all of sudden some movie star or fashion icon digs and does it.

Can't wait for you folks to eat your words in a few years--> when you are progressing to the saggies with those uglies!!

Any idiot knows that fads have repeated cycles. This is just an example of another cycle. No, not original at all, but still stupid FAD.

If not a fad, then very few people would have it done.

Don't lie to yourself, in some kind of hope that you are someone special, and set apart simply by picking out or "creating" a pic on your skin. Get real, you are just like the rest of the herd.

It appears that all the kiddies have reached their bed times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
They do now, only because they are living the latest fad: the one which this present society told them is great/hip/pop/beautiful. We all know that will change...again! Unfortunately, for all those who bought the hype, tats are not easily gotten rid of.

Removing them ends up looking like erasures on drawing paper

Not stupid enough to have joined the current fad bandwagon.

And I have the distinct feeling I shall be really envied in a couple years-> when that fad has faded away!
I agree 100%. Tried to rep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 06:06 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
I'll tell you what never goes out of style. Crabby old people complaining.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:48 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Obviously, neither does ageism!

Old 11-21-2012, 08:21 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Looks like its time for Nurse to wheel Ol' Gramps back in. People who aren't junkies put great thought into their tattoo, look how many old people have tats and don't regret it. I'm sorry you have such a narrow definition of art that visual beauty other than velvet paintings of dogs playing poker upsets you but artistic people enjoy art, no better way to appreciate it then to be art yourself.
This is hilarious! Again, you're spot OFF! If you only knew to whom you've been responding-- you'd be all of these things and more: shocked, embarrassed, humiliated, in awe

Not everyone loves your tats. You love them now. I think that will change once you grow, change, and evolve as a human being.

And that's my whole point: tats won't allow you to do that body-wise. You're stuck. It's like perm decorating a house and not being able to ever change it. Hmmm...most would think that an unwise decision!

I wish you lots of luck in your future (costly) laser removal.

Last edited by picklejuice; 11-21-2012 at 08:32 AM..

Old 11-21-2012, 08:42 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
You know, I didn't get my tattoos as a punk kid. I think I was around 37 when I got my first one. I didn't get them as a fad, I got them because I liked them. I can see where I am probably going to be adding to them.

People who don't have tattoos don't quite understand, I think. And that is completely ok. I really don't think people should be judged for it, it is their own body, ya know.

I think of women who buy and buy shoes or jewelry. They do it because they like them. I know that tattoos are permanent, but the people who get them and are serious about them, not just thinking they are cool and gonna go get a tattoo and get some flash piece of crap on the wall. Many people, like myself, put thought into the design of their tattoo, and they enjoy them.

Have I made a tattoo mistake? Absolutely, and it is gone.

Really, people who get tattoos are dealing with their own bodies. They are the ones who will have to live with it, and love it or hate it. I hope for them, they love it. I love mine. My bf doesn't really care for tattoos, he doesn't have any. There is one that he would get. We did talk about that. He doesn't judge me for them, he loves me just the way I am.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:17 AM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
rofl

Old 11-21-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Obviously, neither does ageism!
I didn't say all old people. Just the crabby ones.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:35 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,224 times
I like seeing tattoos on other's. I haven't had the guts yet to get on but that may change soon

Old 11-21-2012, 10:04 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikake View Post
I like seeing tattoos on other's. I haven't had the guts yet to get on but that may change soon
I like it too! I don't have tons, but I have some.... I actually met Big Gus from Tattoo nightmare last week in my Starbucks. I called him over to me and was asking him some questions, I didn't even know it was him. Then I saw him again yesterday in there and told him I wasn't going to harass him again and he said, "Oh, its you!" I said, "Yep it is, I never left this spot!"

We got to talking and I went and sat at his table and I figured out who he was. The other day I was asking he and his friend, who are both covered in tattoos, if they felt they were judged differently because of their tattoos. They were were wondering why I was asking, they could not see my tattoos.

They asked if I had any and I told them I did.. The one gave me his card. He asked where I had my work done and I told him. He said there is a closer great place I could go to. I told him I didn't think I would get anything anytime soon as my bf doesn't like them much. He told me the next time I wanna p iss my bf up to come and see him.

Then I ran into Big Gus yesterday and he was telling me it was his last day here. I asked why and he said he is going back to LA. He was here promoting his tv show. I knew he looked familiar last week. I asked what show and then couldn't believe it. We talked a few more minutes and parted ways.....

All in a day with Pikantari! So much exciting stuff happens at Starbucks! =)

Old 11-21-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I like it too! I don't have tons, but I have some.... I actually met Big Gus from Tattoo nightmare last week in my Starbucks. I called him over to me and was asking him some questions, I didn't even know it was him. Then I saw him again yesterday in there and told him I wasn't going to harass him again and he said, "Oh, its you!" I said, "Yep it is, I never left this spot!"

We got to talking and I went and sat at his table and I figured out who he was. The other day I was asking he and his friend, who are both covered in tattoos, if they felt they were judged differently because of their tattoos. They were were wondering why I was asking, they could not see my tattoos.

They asked if I had any and I told them I did.. The one gave me his card. He asked where I had my work done and I told him. He said there is a closer great place I could go to. I told him I didn't think I would get anything anytime soon as my bf doesn't like them much. He told me the next time I wanna p iss my bf up to come and see him.

Then I ran into Big Gus yesterday and he was telling me it was his last day here. I asked why and he said he is going back to LA. He was here promoting his tv show. I knew he looked familiar last week. I asked what show and then couldn't believe it. We talked a few more minutes and parted ways.....

All in a day with Pikantari! So much exciting stuff happens at Starbucks! =)
Cool story. Where is the show filmed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty