Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 10:25 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,384,085 times

Advertisements

Took a short trip down to San Diego the other dayand noticed that most men did not have a trace of hair on their upper body. Sure I was aware that such a thing happened, but to see only foreign tourists with chest/back hair, took me by surprize!
Even the bathing suits changed to extra long/hip hop like!
By far most young men were also muscled, tatooed and very image conscious.
The whole thing looked a bit gay IMO.
I stood out with my hair on my chest, maybe some chics even liked it....

Is this a California thing? Is this what you call metrosexual? What do you members think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 10:29 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
I've been reading more and more about this "manscaping" thing. I say you should look how you like. If these guys are into pumping iron, it will enhance their definition. Beats the beached whale look any day.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:51 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Personally I don't think hair should sprout from anywhere below the eyelashes, so I prefer the "hairless beach dude" look.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:18 AM

5,167 posts, read 11,434,314 times
Why should only women be "Hairless", it's about time men get rid of unsightly body hair

forum rules, please read them

Old 08-22-2008, 02:08 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
While super-hairy men may want to do something about the overgrowth, I find chest hair to be sexy! Yes, a ripped body, without a hairy chest is intriguing, but I like the way a man's chest hair feels next to my skin! It's a tactile thing!

Old 08-23-2008, 09:30 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,498,811 times
My husband keeps me warm in the winter with his hairy chest in bed

Old 08-23-2008, 11:54 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,658,751 times
Body hair is fine so long as it is completely hidden.

But at the beach? No. No, no, no. That is a huge faux pas. SAY NO TO BODY HAIR!

Old 08-24-2008, 03:50 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
Personally I don't think hair should sprout from anywhere below the eyelashes, so I prefer the "hairless beach dude" look.
I started shaving my pits several years ago, because they were itchy, and I suspected the hair along with the anti-persperant was the culprit. Apparently, I was right. I found I really liked having clean shaven underarms (hairy pits really do look gross, even on a man, if they can be seen).

More recently, I started to shave my legs, and my chest. I did my chest primarily because, not being as young as I once was, the hair was getting gray, and there seemed to be more of it than I used to have. I didn't like the way I looked, so I took it off. I really like the clean shaven look, and for an old guy, I think it helps my appearance (of course most people don't see my bare chest, unless I'm shirtless).

As far as my legs go, I shaved them because I wear pantyhose (they make them for men too) in order to help keep warm in the winter with the heat turned down. Unshaved legs and pantyhose seemed totally ridiculous, so off with it! Besides, as with my chest, my leg hair wasn't the fine blond hair that I once had. I'm finding I really love my legs shaved too. They feel awsome! And with the pantyhose, they feel twice as awesome!

I'm totally with you ladies that like a clean shaven guy.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:21 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,384,085 times
One of these days, somebody will come out and say "wear your dirty underwear inside out and walk around". People will follow and do it.........not unlike shaving the whole body thing. Thus the expression "follow stupid"

What I am saying men should not be taking care of themselves to that extent, that's all.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:49 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
Oh yes they should...

Beasts tame that hide!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty