Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 04:42 PM

513 posts, read 897,253 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't dare to use vaseline on my face i would surely break out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 11:01 AM

1 posts, read 5,954 times
Default vaseline

I was so afraid to use vaseline because i tend to break out. I had these terrible dry patches near my jaw line and a coworker of my sister told me to use it. That was a month ago and I will tell you the texture of my face has improved. The fine lines diminishedand the patches disappeared. I also add a light lotion to it so that it spreads easier. I love it, at 42 this is a wonderful and inexpensive product that i wish i would have discovered years ago.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:42 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,200,867 times
Maybe it all depends on the skin type, but I would think vaseline would put an oily film on your face that wouldn't work the best with makeup. There are so many other affordable options that I wouldn't use it unless I really didn't have anything else to use.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:56 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
I'm thinking this would be for nighttime use! I know my dermatologist told me that women are wasting their hard earned money on all these facial creams when vaseline works better them most of them! I can't say as I haven't tried it yet but that was his answer when I asked for a good cream to use to help with aging!!

Old 02-02-2009, 12:05 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,452,897 times
It depends on your skin and what's wrong with it. Vaseline provides a protective coating and keeps the skin from drying out. When I had a very potent peel, I used vaseline on my fact to keep the skin from getting tight and scabbing. I used it for a week. So I would say, only use it if your skin is extremely dry, cracked or burned in some way.

Old 02-02-2009, 12:09 PM

589 posts, read 1,560,708 times
I'm 53 male and for years I use very light vaseline on my neck, hands and feet after shower to keep the skin smooth and firm. I guess it works, some people said I look 10 yrs younger, no kidding. I read it is one way to avoid turkey neck as one gets older.

Old 02-02-2009, 12:21 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,168,309 times
It works great, but I certainly wouldn't use it during the day. I also use it on dry patches on various other body parts too.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:57 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,942,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank morgan View Post
Sorry Honey, but you'd have to look under 21 to be carded. There are no restrictions for anybody anywhere for being under 30.
Rep just brought me back to this thread - I thought I'd respond to this.

Actually, many bars and restaurants require their servers/bartenders to card anyone appearing under 30, some under 35.

Now that I'm just months away from 40, I admit I don't remember the last time I was 'carded'. But that's okay - I look great for my age.

Although genetics plays a role for many people, in my case, it's sun avoidance, and I don't pile on make up and never did.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:45 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,305,026 times
I have a tube of Vaseline in the bathroom that states "won't clog pores". Perhaps it's whipped more to use in squeeze form, making it less clogging. I used it during the cold months and it didn't hurt my skin at all.

Otherwise, I've been using coconut oil. I like how my skin feels but am wondering if it isn't contributing to my breakouts. I have more hassles with my skin post-menopause than I did as a teenager. I'd go back to the Vaseline but I suspect it may feel a bit too heavy during hot weather.

Old 08-04-2011, 05:13 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,052,389 times
Is Aquafor basically the same thing as Vaseline?

Aquaphor Healing Ointment

I usually just use olive, coconut, or kukui nut oil at home but when we travel, camp, ski, or go to the beach I bring aquafor with me because it travels better. We use it on everything - chapped lips, dry skin, etc - and it's really good. It's like $7 a tub and the tub lasts forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty