Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why do girls object guys with receding hairlines?
A real girl would accept a guy for who he is and date him. 17 65.38%
Most girls got it like that. They're way to stuck up on appearance. 9 34.62%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 07:54 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,600,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by b75 View Post
What's up with men who get turned off of fat girls? What are they just shallow & only concerned with appearance? Seriously, I think both genders tend to be attracted to people who look better physically.
baldness is pure appearance

being fat is more then appearance. it also has a lifestyle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 10:03 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,559,322 times
I personally am way more attracted to a confident man...that accepts his hair (or lack of) for what it is... A wig, a cover up, a transplant all are signs to me that he is not comfortable in his own skin... Give me a confident bald man over a timid hair covered man with zero self esteam any day of the week!

Old 08-15-2008, 07:41 PM
b75

950 posts, read 3,465,629 times
Unless of course they have a metabolic disorder, then not so much.

What if the girl had a receding hairline as well? Or perhaps had burns on her face or had acne or had a really big nose - Men would not be physically attracted to her. It goes both ways & bad looking women, studies have found, tend to get treated worse then their unattractive male counterparts. So what's the deal? Based upon your theory, it seems men are just shallow & superficial OR maybe this thread is just ludicrous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
baldness is pure appearance

being fat is more then appearance. it also has a lifestyle

Old 08-15-2008, 09:11 PM

874 posts, read 3,681,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo vanilla View Post
wclac, i'm noticing a pattern with your threads, and if i must say so it seems you've got a level of frustration in hitting it off with the ladies. i mean this in the most serious and helpful way: perhaps it's time to stop stewing in your own crap and make some changes to become more appealing. 'cause i'll tell you one thing, women can smell a lack of confidence in yourself a mile a way. its not just the thinning hair or an overgrown undercarriage, it's also how you go about it. a man's got to clean himself up sometimes, stand tall, and make the best of his assets. how you take care of yourself is a direct communication of how you see yourself, and therefore how you see yourself is what others see when they look at you.
Lol..wclac is only 19 yrs..i'm sure the likelyhood of him having a receding hairline are slim. He just likes to stir up trouble and controversy in CD.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:09 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,872,301 times
Some women will make concessions if the man has money

Old 08-16-2008, 03:32 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,495,400 times
I have observed that women will be very forgiving of a man's physical appearance. Women, generally, are not as obsessed with appearance as men are. A man can resolve "a deficit of hair" in many ways. A good job, a good education, a sense of humor, a positive attitude, honor, integrity, strong values, leadership, confidence, compassion, respect for family, etc.

With that said...

wclac, what is with the negativity that I read in most, if not all, of your posts and the threads that you start? I can practically predict the tone of your posts without reading them.

Do you realize how much more you could accomplish with a positive attitude? It appears that your heart and mind are in a dark, dark place. It is depressing...

Give people a chance. You won't be disappointed.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:47 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,037,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
You are right. It's become very apparent he has issues with women.
Perhaps he's mad that he cant get a date?

Old 08-18-2008, 12:59 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,600,727 times
Quote:
i was not implying that their lifestyle makes them fat

i was implying that due to being fat, they have a lifestyle that many do not find appealing

Old 08-19-2008, 10:22 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,947,024 times
I thnik it is the same as a women with a flat chest. Just isn't the idea.But I really thnk cosmetic sales says women are much more obsessed with looks generally. Also it seesm taht women hate to age more than men.

Old 08-20-2008, 05:21 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,871,450 times
Quote:
Which is actually extremely rare, considering the difference in fat people todya vs 40 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty