Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: So....
I tend to choose push-up bras 11 33.33%
I wear them half of the time 8 24.24%
I never wear push-up bras 12 36.36%
I'm a man who wears push up bras 2 6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 01:40 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,913,478 times

Advertisements

How fake is too fake?
I went bra shopping for the first time in like three years. I went to Victoria's Secret. I noticed that almost every kind of bra they had that was designed to look cute was a push-up bra. Is this normal now? I wear bras that are modestly lined (I prefer not wearing bras at all!) and with a dress I may wear a push-up.

I just wanna know what everyone else thinks about push-up bras. Is it a girl's bestfriend or anti-feminist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 02:20 PM

18,037 posts, read 27,484,301 times
I'm a man who wears push-up bras? Really? I came in here just to see who answered that one!

Don't women wear bras partly for support and to stave-off the effects of gravity for a time? I'm no bra expert here.

I don't know much about fashion as I'm:

A) a dude.
B) not Metro. I like shopping for clothes when I'm at Bass Pro and REI. I'm into camouflage. Just kidding.
C) I'm from Colorado.

So, the only time I get a taste of fashion is when I'm at the airport of some big city near a coast or something. The "trend" that I noticed lately is that cleavage seems to be "in". Am I right? If I'm lyin' I'm dyin' sister!

And as a guy, I'm fine with it. There again, I'm no expert of the fashion of womens' clothing, but I've been observing a bit and I've come to a conclusion; It's like a military haircut. High and Tight is "In". Am I right?

Old 07-16-2008, 02:55 PM

271 posts, read 1,061,654 times
Love them, i am a D cup, and i love the cleavage i get from the push up bra, but i only wear them with certain kinds of tops and dresses. For work the girls stay covered up.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:57 PM

124 posts, read 564,106 times
I just bought all new bras at VS. The ones that were most flattering and made me happy were the push up. I think it's the Angels line.

DH thinks they're great

Old 07-16-2008, 03:22 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,273,176 times
I've tried them, but didn't like them. They're uncomfortable to me. I like things more natural-looking.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:30 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,919,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochick View Post
Love them, i am a D cup, and i love the cleavage i get from the push up bra, but i only wear them with certain kinds of tops and dresses. For work the girls stay covered up.
I love the Very Sexy line of the VS bras. I tend to wear them daily because they are comfortable to me (although I do have some of their other bras in my bra rotation). My girls do stay covered at work and well, most of the time. As someone who also wears a D, I have never been comfortable having them out and about. A little cleavage here and there but the operative word is "little" (as in little showing).

Old 07-16-2008, 04:44 PM

271 posts, read 1,061,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
I love the Very Sexy line of the VS bras. I tend to wear them daily because they are comfortable to me (although I do have some of their other bras in my bra rotation). My girls do stay covered at work and well, most of the time. As someone who also wears a D, I have never been comfortable having them out and about. A little cleavage here and there but the operative word is "little" (as in little showing).

Yes, VS has a great line of bras.

You know i was a teen in the 80's and developed early on, back then having big boobies was not in so i covered them up allllll the time i actually hated them. I just turned 41, had a breast lift and i now embrace my d cup girls, hated them in my teens and 20's, but love them in my 40's.........I know, i know i went from showing nothing to putting them all on display.

But i do understant about not being comfortable having them out and about, that was me half of my life.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:17 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,919,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochick View Post
Yes, VS has a great line of bras.

You know i was a teen in the 80's and developed early on, back then having big boobies was not in so i covered them up allllll the time i actually hated them. I just turned 41, had a breast lift and i now embrace my d cup girls, hated them in my teens and 20's, but love them in my 40's.........I know, i know i went from showing nothing to putting them all on display.

But i do understant about not being comfortable having them out and about, that was me half of my life.
We are about the same age and I remember being pretty uncomfy with the fact I had to wear a REAL bra and not the cute little things most gals got to wear. I turn 40 in September. AYIYIYI! I guess I need to learn to embrace the fact I've got boobs. I guess it could have been worse and have them never show up. Although, they can be pretty uncomfortable certain times of the month. The one really good thing about getting older, THAT is on the downhill slope. Only a few more years of inconvenience.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:36 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,874,275 times
Because of my cup size I tend not to need these types of bras... I have however TRIED them... and they tend to give a person with an ample supply of breasts what I would call a "muffin top"... Not a nice look. I personally like the no seam underwire look- no padding just thicker material... hold the girls up quite nicely without the added oomph...

Old 07-17-2008, 08:44 AM

27,357 posts, read 27,409,204 times
For some people, padding and underwires are a necessity, not a luxury. Unfortunately, Im one of them. Heck, my swimsuits even have that little added 'help', lol. And I dont care what others think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty