Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:57 PM

2,882 posts, read 1,158,658 times

Advertisements

Always. Proud and honored to be the Old Tom Cat's chosen one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:46 AM

5,711 posts, read 3,206,150 times
I'll take my rings off to clean them from time to time but otherwise I wear them everyday. I'm happy and proud and happy to wear my rings AND it makes me happy that my husband wears his daily.

But all that said...much of it is habit and a ring is tradition. Not the marriage. I personally have no animosity or judgements toward anyone who DOESNTwear their rings everyday.

Old Today, 12:30 PM

3,310 posts, read 1,780,432 times
My Mrs. put the ring on my finger 28 years ago and haven't taken it off yet.

Old Today, 03:10 PM

50 posts, read 18,893 times
Both my husband and I put it on first thing in the morning and usually wear it until its time to shower before bed. We both remove it sometimes if there are certain situations where it can get lost or messed up, like if we are going swimming at the beach, if he is working on the car or just cleaning at home. I take it off when I'm working with the dough, cause the dough gets stuck to the diamonds pm the engagement ring. I'm sure people who have physical jobs have to remove it, but otherwise I think there is no reason not to wear it. Actually neither my husband nor I were big jewlery people. He never wore any, and I like nice earrings and necklaces, but I'd only wear them if I'm going somewhere, never around the house, yet both of us got accustomed to have our wedding bands withing a few weeks after the wedding. I actually feel awkward when I don't have it. There were a couple of times I left the house and forgot it, and I felt naked the whole day

Old Today, 04:38 PM

7,154 posts, read 4,873,634 times
I’ve been wearing my rings for so long that my finger is indented a little and there’s a tan line, lol.

Kind of a funny story. My engagement diamond is a very small (1/4 carat) pear shaped diamond. When he gave it to me it was a solitaire, we have since added two tiny diamond on either side. I love it and would never trade up for bigger.

When we first got engaged, he had to introduce me to the entire family. Had to meet the Aunts! Well, the one little old aunt who had no filter, took my hand looked at my ring and said “Oh how cute! They like them small nowadays!”

We still laugh about that. Little Aunt Josie.

Old Today, 05:47 PM

2,085 posts, read 1,877,993 times
Yes, I don't remove the band and it's been 45 years. Had to remove it for surgery, though. I never was in the habit of wearing the engagement ring daily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty