Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2023, 03:50 PM

1,839 posts, read 819,749 times

Advertisements

Regardless of ethnicity, most of these women have such full lips! It’s a fact that white girls lose their lips during aging. I admire Celine Dion for keeping her real lips; well, I admire her for so much more than that, as well.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2023, 07:41 PM

17,555 posts, read 39,195,810 times
I agree with most here. Those women are wearing light makeup AND photos are filtered and photoshopped.

That said, they all look better with the lighter makeup than heavy makeup, IMO.

I have seen photos of many celebs that were truly caught with no makeup and let me tell you some of them are really shocking (mainly because we aren't used to seeing them as they really are)

Old 08-08-2023, 11:21 PM

1,059 posts, read 584,238 times
If you have a nice bone structure and clean, tight and healthy skin, it’s not hard to look good without makeup.

I love seeing fresh-faced women/celebrities in their off-duty days and candid photo.-that’s usually when you see who’s the real beauty and who has the artificial help.

I have to say two actresses I saw in person in NYC really blew me away with how shockingly much, much better looking in person than how they were on screen. I completely didn’t recognize them but only to realize who they were by their boyfriend/husband.

One is Claire Danes. I was walking across the street going home and saw one young girl sitting by the outdoor dining. Something about her just drew your attention, like she had an aura around her. Notice this was SoHo NYC that I saw hot girls on the street all the time. I was wondering who she was until I saw the guy next to her-Ben Lee, who looked exactly like how he was on TV. Claire Danes was dating Ben Lee at the time. She had zero makeup on, and she was so, so, so much prettier and striking in person.

Another one is Hilary Swank, another actress who generally isn’t known for her beauty. I was in the restaurant in Chelsea with a friend, in passing there came Chad Lowe, again looked exactly like how you saw him on the screen. Next to him was Hilary Swank, who had no makeup on and in person looked very fresh-faced and cute, and much younger looking.

Some people just aren’t very photogenic or don’t photo well.

Some are the opposite. In person they looked just very ordinary but on screen they pop, they have the presence and draw you in.-Leonard DiCaprio is exactly the example.

There are a lot of good lighting, lip gloss, light foundation and filter enhancements in the pictures for sure.

Old 08-09-2023, 07:46 AM

19,700 posts, read 12,275,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainsley1999 View Post
If you have a nice bone structure and clean, tight and healthy skin, it’s not hard to look good without makeup.

I love seeing fresh-faced women/celebrities in their off-duty days and candid photo.-that’s usually when you see who’s the real beauty and who has the artificial help.

I have to say two actresses I saw in person in NYC really blew me away with how shockingly much, much better looking in person than how they were on screen. I completely didn’t recognize them but only to realize who they were by their boyfriend/husband.

One is Claire Danes. I was walking across the street going home and saw one young girl sitting by the outdoor dining. Something about her just drew your attention, like she had an aura around her. Notice this was SoHo NYC that I saw hot girls on the street all the time. I was wondering who she was until I saw the guy next to her-Ben Lee, who looked exactly like how he was on TV. Claire Danes was dating Ben Lee at the time. She had zero makeup on, and she was so, so, so much prettier and striking in person.

Another one is Hilary Swank, another actress who generally isn’t known for her beauty. I was in the restaurant in Chelsea with a friend, in passing there came Chad Lowe, again looked exactly like how you saw him on the screen. Next to him was Hilary Swank, who had no makeup on and in person looked very fresh-faced and cute, and much younger looking.

Some people just aren’t very photogenic or don’t photo well.

Some are the opposite. In person they looked just very ordinary but on screen they pop, they have the presence and draw you in.-Leonard DiCaprio is exactly the example.

There are a lot of good lighting, lip gloss, light foundation and filter enhancements in the pictures for sure.
A lot of male actors are much shorter than we think. Nothing wrong with that but they are made to appear taller than the actresses they are working with on screen.

Yes a lot of actresses and models have natural beauty in addition to access to professional skin care and enhancements so they look pretty good without makeup, or with less makeup than what they paint them with for the screen.

Old 08-09-2023, 10:49 AM

1,059 posts, read 584,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
A lot of male actors are much shorter than we think. Nothing wrong with that but they are made to appear taller than the actresses they are working with on screen.

Yes a lot of actresses and models have natural beauty in addition to access to professional skin care and enhancements so they look pretty good without makeup, or with less makeup than what they paint them with for the screen.
Yes, they all look much smaller in person.-the camera really adds 10 lbs as they said.

I’d think for people who get into the business without much merit on their own aka Nepo babies, they probably need a lot of “enhancement” and professional help to look good or “pop” on screen. In the good old days when the conventional beauty was usually the ticket to stardom and one sort of needed that extra IT factor to standout.-this type probably was already genetically fortunate without needing much makeup.

Or you can have actors/actresses who are great acting talent but were not necessarily marketed on their sex appeal.-this type also tends to look good in person with no makeup, case in point: Lily Taylor. I saw her filming near NYU campus and she looked very nice and sweet.-because someone like her wasn’t piling on 10 lbs of makeup in public in both films and promotional events. It’s those who were known or promoted as “sexy” would have major contrast in their before vs. after makeup pictures.

I’m not a straight man so I rather prefer women with less to no makeup, a fresh-face with dewey skin, kind eyes, genuine smile and general elegant way of carrying oneself goes a long way. Always look at the eyes, so many celebs would look dolled-up with excellent makeup and hair but look dead in the eyes.

Old 08-09-2023, 11:13 AM

5,681 posts, read 3,179,442 times
I was at a Comicon one year, and saw the actress Morena Baccarin. She's as gorgeous in person (granted, in makeup) as she is in any TV show. I also saw Eliza Dushku in person once, and thought she was drop dead gorgeous in person as well.

Old 08-09-2023, 11:25 AM

19,700 posts, read 12,275,135 times
I knew some people who met Cher face to face and were surprised at how petite she was, compared to what they had thought from the screen and photos. Sonny was small and she seemed bigger than him but often had very high heels and elaborate costumes that made her seem larger than life.

Old 08-09-2023, 04:12 PM

3,083 posts, read 1,688,645 times
Several of them SEEM to look okay without makeup but I think a large chunk of those photos are filtered, and many are wearing like touches. Also, you can bet that almost all of them are wearing concealer as a bare minimum.

Old 08-09-2023, 05:24 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,093,928 times
My wife doesn’t wear a bit of makeup and I consider myself a very lucky man.

Old 08-11-2023, 11:36 PM

1,839 posts, read 819,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainsley1999 View Post
Another one is Hilary Swank, another actress who generally isn’t known for her beauty.
Wow, I always thought that Hilary Frank was absolutely stunning, & Holly Hunter as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty