Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2022, 11:22 PM

398 posts, read 206,416 times

Advertisements

I think its the new in thing. or at least it should be. Never said wow look at those nice shoes but ladies bare feet, ya. like that.

Old 07-29-2022, 12:12 AM

61,694 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Huh? On the beach or pool maybe. Or if you walk barefoot at home.
Really beautiful feet are quite rare.

Nice shoes should be complimented...

Last edited by elnina; 07-29-2022 at 12:55 AM..

Old 07-29-2022, 03:32 AM

24,112 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Huh? On the beach or pool maybe. Or if you walk barefoot at home.
Really beautiful feet are quite rare.

Nice shoes should be complimented...
I agree. On the beach. Near a pool, about to get into a shower, maybe in your own yard. (Not for me)
When I see people getting their mail with bare feet, washing their cars, mowing their lawns etc. I have to ask "Why?"

Unless you are at an ocean beach, with fine sand, you are putting yourself at risk of parasites, cuts, and walking on a myriad of nasty things.

Speaking of nasty things, if you do walk around without shoes, please make sure your feet are weel groomed.

Old 07-29-2022, 05:41 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
This forum is about fashion. There's probably a more appropriate foot fetish forum for the OP somewhere else.

Old 07-29-2022, 07:11 AM

1,136 posts, read 612,624 times
Lol. Yeah OP sounds like a foot fetisher.

The vast majority of us has "baby feet"... soft soles that will not put up with any sharp or hard edge objects. Going barefeet in public is almost impossible... plus a lot of places .. no shirt, no shoes ... no service.

There are some survivalist that go barefeet in nature all the time, so their soles are tough and resilient.

TBF I think it's unnatural for our feet to be encased in something all day long. So at home it's 100% barefeet... unless it's freezing, then warm socks.

Old 07-29-2022, 08:34 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,449,916 times
I used to go barefoot everywhere. Yeah, it was weird but I was young. My feet are still in good shape because I was relatively careful.

I think bare feet at beaches, pools, patios, soft lawns, or inside your house is healthy and probably contributes to a certain amount of physical fitness because it allows your bones and muscles to develop naturally. Healthy feet look better. Keep your nails and callouses well-groomed and wear a bit of jewelry. That way when you slip on sandals, you look extra attractive.

People who wear tight shoes and only air them out occasionally seem to have the worst looking feet. I feel anguish when I see those.

Old 07-29-2022, 09:04 AM

398 posts, read 206,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I agree. On the beach. Near a pool, about to get into a shower, maybe in your own yard. (Not for me)
When I see people getting their mail with bare feet, washing their cars, mowing their lawns etc. I have to ask "Why?"

Unless you are at an ocean beach, with fine sand, you are putting yourself at risk of parasites, cuts, and walking on a myriad of nasty things.

Speaking of nasty things, if you do walk around without shoes, please make sure your feet are weel groomed.
Why ? For one it feels good to be barefoot, I firmly believe in the health benefits grounding/earthing.

Whats gross is feet that have been in shoes all day. Akward but true. Gross.

I am always either in flip flops or barefoot. I hate nasty socks/feet at the end of the day.

Anyway I clicked on some ad like 10+ years ago for 'barefoot shoes' read all this stuff took my shoes off gave it a try and never looked back. Barefoot is better.

https://www.discovermagazine.com/hea...-walk-barefoot

https://www.google.com/search?q=barefoot+is+better

Old 07-29-2022, 09:15 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,049,655 times
when you have chickens that free range, you don't want to go barefoot in the yard. Plus, no one wants to see my ugly fungal toenails.

Old 07-29-2022, 03:30 PM

61,694 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
when you have chickens that free range, you don't want to go barefoot in the yard. Plus, no one wants to see my ugly fungal toenails.

Lol... True.

Walking barefoot is beneficial for the muscles and bones, but when walking barefoot on hardwood, cement, stone, or ceramic tile, there is really nothing to absorb the shock between you and the ground. Over time, this behavior can deteriorate your fat pad, which serves as the foot’s natural cushion. Without this fat, you are literally walking or running on skin and bone. Once this fat pad degenerates, it’s gone forever.
On top of this, going barefoot can eventually lead to the natural arch in our feet collapsing and even change the distribution of pressure around the foot, leading to foot pain and potentially even knee and back pain down the road.
https://crosstownchiro.com/hardwood-...ing-your-feet/

I love to walk barefoot on the beach sand. Such a great foot massage!!

But that's about the only place I would walk barefoot. I don't have carpets at home, but even then I wouldn't walk barefoot spreading sweat, germ and bacteria all around the house. It lives there, even if you shampoo your carpet. Gross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty