Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2022, 07:40 PM

22,149 posts, read 19,203,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Moles in "public" places...big meh. Can't recall ever being distracted by someone's mole since leaving grade school. They were just a minor detail that contributed to that person's uniqueness. How dull the planet would be if we were all the same. I've had a couple more visible moles removed because they snagged on clothing or kept getting irritated. If they hadn't, they'd probably still be there bothering someone.
yes, good post.

i agree and actually find "that which may stand out" as being distinctive, even attractive. if a guy has an overbite for instance or other noticeable differences in his teeth, i genuinely find that attractive, always have. my heart just melts when someone with a twinkle in his eye throws his head back, laughs a big hearty laugh out loud, and he's missing some teeth here and there. that to me is endearing.

i remember working with a lady in our office whose entire face and neck and arms were covered in skin tags, dozens of them. i was very impressed with her because she carried her self with ease and was quite comfortable, and very poised. she worked in an office where people were in and out all day, providing customer service. occasionally i'd hear people talking about her "how can she show her self in public like that" "why doesn't she get something done about that" . "why doesn't she at least cover up, wear long sleeves, wear a scarf" . (she wore short sleeves and didn't try to cover her neck or face or arms)

this thread reminds me of that. If people are bothered by how someone else looks, that is THEIR problem. i have a lot more regard and respect for the people who carry themself with poise when others are staring or judging.

so yeah, if someone else's looks bother you, then you need to work on your own self
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2022, 11:29 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,621,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seija View Post
Or Cindy Crawford's.

I hate face moles.

I think they are ugly, and Cindy Crawford's was the first to come to my mind, looking at that black spec on her face, to me I find it very distracting to look at, and I'd have it removed, it isn't attractive. JMO

It looks like a spec of something black something that needs to be wiped off of her face.
ink, magic marker spec, looks like it needs to be wiped off.

I don't find moles on the face the least bit attractive.

Old 05-07-2022, 11:54 AM

50,342 posts, read 63,918,476 times
I really made a mistake when I titled the thread.
It was more about: Why don’t people on tv ever look at themselves?
The distracting moles are just one thing.
Obviously, I don’t care whether people have moles on their neck, but as a viewer, I don’t know why someone in the public eye doesn’t care about viewers being distracted.

Another example is a news person on our local tv station. With her, it’s her huge unnatural black eyebrows. I can’t even concentrate on what she says because it’s all about her eyebrows.

Old 05-07-2022, 01:52 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,492,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Another example is a news person on our local tv station. With her, it’s her huge unnatural black eyebrows. I can’t even concentrate on what she says because it’s all about her eyebrows.
I'm sure there are viewers who like her eyebrows. So who should she please? You? Other viewers? Or how about pleasing herself? Is that allowed?

Old 05-07-2022, 02:14 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,275,685 times
Quote:
Obviously, I don’t care whether people have moles on their neck, but as a viewer, I don’t know why someone in the public eye doesn’t care about viewers being distracted.

I am shaking my head when reading some of these "holier than thou" comments. If you don't have something nice to say, don't open the thread or if you open it and it wasn't about what you thought...close it. That simple. It seems every thread has someone saying something derogatory to the OP. That's uglier than having moles all over your face.

Now, in response to the OP......I totally agree with you. If I had a mole or skin tag, it would be off ASAP. I wouldn't like them on my body and I don't like seeing them on others. But to each his own. If a person doesn't mind them on their body, that's their choice. When I turn on the news, there is a very attractive woman that has a large mole in the middle of her neck. I find it distracting.

Old 05-07-2022, 03:35 PM

8,751 posts, read 5,044,272 times
Quote:

On General Hospital, there is a beautiful actress, with beautiful hair.....Laura Wright. I can not take my eyes off one of her front teeth, which is a dark color. It bothers the heck out of me.

Old 05-07-2022, 03:44 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,765,913 times
I would like to see photos of people that think they are perfect and everyone on television should be so and have had plastic surgery, etc. so they are not "offended".

Old 05-07-2022, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I'm sure there are viewers who like her eyebrows. So who should she please? You? Other viewers? Or how about pleasing herself? Is that allowed?
Yes, it is me she should please.

Old 05-07-2022, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
On General Hospital, there is a beautiful actress, with beautiful hair.....Laura Wright. I can not take my eyes off one of her front teeth, which is a dark color. It bothers the heck out of me.
Exactly. Like Chip and Joanna on Fixer Upper. Chip saw that his tooth looked black on TV, so he got it fixed.
There is a guy on an ad for being a financial expert....he’s British, I think. His teeth are so bad, that all I can think of is, If you are so smart with money, how come you can’t go to the dentist?

Old 05-07-2022, 04:35 PM

22,149 posts, read 19,203,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
if you are bothered by TV shows, then maybe you shouldn't watch them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty