Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2022, 05:40 AM

18,544 posts, read 18,828,049 times

Advertisements

I wonder if anyone has tried any of the products made from this company...I have very sensitive skin and dont experiement with creams and serums but this sounded good with no parabens etc...but Id like to know if anyone has used this and if its good... I dont spend much on skin care because of allergies but its my birthday soon as wanted to treat myself ... https://habitualskin.co.uk/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2022, 12:38 PM

15,642 posts, read 26,318,136 times
I have not, it is not here in the states as far as I can see.

If your skin is sensitive, start slow with a retinol product. And the only issue I can see with it is it doesn’t tell you the strength. If you look at The Ordinary, they have different strengths of retinol so you could try the lowest strength and see how your skin reacts.

I thought that price was a little on the high side. The Orfinary has a.2% retinol in squalane for $7.60, which would be around 6 pounds.

Old 03-16-2022, 01:16 PM

15,642 posts, read 26,318,136 times
One other thing. If you are watching YouTube videos to learn more about product and application, a number of them apply products for visual affect. And improperly.

When you have a product that has a dropper, the idea is you squeeze the bulb to intake product in the dropper. Pull the dropper out, hold it over your hand and drip the number of drops you need.

Don’t put the dropper on your face and squeeze it all out all over. A— it’s too much product, and B — it contaminates the dropper.

No matter how clean your face is, you still have bacteria on your skin. That’s just how we’re made. Protect your product by not letting that dropper touch your skin. Take it out of the bottle, drip it onto your hand, put the dropper back in the bottle.

I’ve been watching those videos, and I do find it entertaining and often informative, but so wasteful and sometimes harmful. There was one video where the guy used The Ordinary peeling serum which looks like blood — it’s very red. And very strong. He put a ton of that peeling serum on his face, using dropper full after dropper full, and then decided to use a microneedler to work it in. Yeah, that got ugly quick. It’s a 30% alpha hydroxy acid product. So he used four times what he should and then used needles on his face. Clear case of not reading the directions. He actually burned his skin.

Old 03-23-2022, 04:25 PM

15 posts, read 6,892 times
I haven't tried it too. But I know retinol is safe for all skin types, although beginners may benefit from making little modifications, such as starting slowly or stabilizing their retinol. You just need to find the right balance of usage to avoid irritation. If the formulation is too strong for your skin, it might cause discomfort. Begin with a pea-size amount of a low-percentage over-the-counter solution (.01 percent to 0) and apply it twice per week, gradually increasing the frequency until your skin adjusts.

Old 03-24-2022, 05:23 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,790,540 times
I've never heard of this company but something to keep in mind with retinol is to not apply it on your face if you're going to be out in the blazing sun. In fact, I would only use it at night and wash my face in the morning and wear sunscreen. I've used a prescription retinol cream before and had a really bad sunburn when I applied it during the day time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty