Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 07:50 PM

3,373 posts, read 1,962,433 times

Advertisements

^^^The exaggerated features just look wrong to me. I don't know how old she is but the OP said she gives tips for older women but she barely has a line anywhere on her face and that's not realistic even for a young person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2022, 08:29 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
^^^The exaggerated features just look wrong to me. I don't know how old she is but the OP said she gives tips for older women but she barely has a line anywhere on her face and that's not realistic even for a young person.
Did you watch the video? You can't tell anything from a still photo. Watch her makeovers on older women. She does evening makeup or natural looking and everything in between. I think one of the women was 80.

I tried this trick and was impressed. It really did look nice on me. Not just the upper lip but avoiding taking the line out to the corners eliminated that downturned look. I have neither thin nor thick lips.

You can also shade the liner so it's darker at the outer corners and highlighted in the middle of the lips.

Old 01-25-2022, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Did you watch the video? You can't tell anything from a still photo. Watch her makeovers on older women. She does evening makeup or natural looking and everything in between. I think one of the women was 80.

I tried this trick and was impressed. It really did look nice on me. Not just the upper lip but avoiding taking the line out to the corners eliminated that downturned look. I have neither thin nor thick lips.

You can also shade the liner so it's darker at the outer corners and highlighted in the middle of the lips.
I did watch most of the video but just like her make up, her exaggerated speech and motions were a bit much for me. We have different tastes. The French woman whose links you often post doesn't appeal to me either. Don't take it personally. It's just a discussion about fashion and make up which I happen to be into but I prefer a different kind of look.

I've been to Paris and many other European cities. My daughter and I (both fashion and beauty enthusiasts) were disappointed in the French women and their style. Personally I think their sense of style is highly over rated and overall they're not very healthy looking.

Old 01-25-2022, 09:02 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Quote:
It's just a discussion about fashion and make up which I happen to be into but I prefer a different kind of look.
Why don't you start a thread about the different kind of look you like? Maybe other women will agree with you.

Old 01-26-2022, 12:34 AM

7,702 posts, read 5,446,630 times
Personally, I think the exaggerated lips detract from her eyes.

Old 01-26-2022, 09:17 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:

I've been to Paris and many other European cities. My daughter and I (both fashion and beauty enthusiasts) were disappointed in the French women and their style. Personally I think their sense of style is highly over rated and overall they're not very healthy looking.
Someone posted a video about French women's style, and it was all about wearing black. My, how original, lol! Haven't New Yorkers been doing that for the last, I don't know, 40 years or so? I guess all those high-fashion shops and designer's stores aren't for the Parisians, then. They're for international visitors?

Personally, I like to work with color. And what about all the women who look pale and washed-out in black or black-and-white? We're all supposed to wear black anyway, because someone decided it's "chic"?

Sorry. ....off-topic rant.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 01-26-2022 at 10:08 AM..

Old 01-26-2022, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Personally, I think the exaggerated lips detract from her eyes.
That's what the caterpillars above her eyes are for: to draw attention upward.

Old 01-26-2022, 10:00 AM

16,297 posts, read 8,126,207 times
I can see how full lips might look better than thin lips but as usual i am shocked by the lengths people go to in order to get big lips.

Old 01-26-2022, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Why don't you start a thread about the different kind of look you like? Maybe other women will agree with you.
I don't follow any of the Influencers on my own but I've seen some that you've posted that I've liked (I've repped you many times) and some that I haven't. I think it was you who posted one from a woman who takes clothing that many women already have in their closets and she puts them together in ways that might not be obvious. That was a good one.

One of my careers was as a Personal Shopper (what a fun job that was!) so I enjoy different perspectives on fashion and beauty.

Overall I think Italian women have an innate sense of style and love for the (healthy) female form and that's expressed in their fashion choices.

Old 01-26-2022, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I can see how full lips might look better than thin lips but as usual i am shocked by the lengths people go to in order to get big lips.
I think what this does, is perpetuate the idea that one can "get" full lips. One can't, without getting a procedure done, that's risky in the long term.

The model is fortunate to have been born with great looks, and she's clearly taken care of herself. But I think she's misleading people, by claiming they can "get" lips like hers. Although one poster said, she did find the tips in the video helpful, so that's something. But no one's going to be able to transform thin lips into puffy ones. One may be able to enhance thin lips a little, visually, but that's about all that can be done using makeup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty