Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2021, 01:49 AM

638 posts, read 993,094 times

Advertisements

I used Robin McGraw’s Revelation skincare for years and absolutely loved it. All of a sudden out of nowhere,it’s not available anymore and no explanation why or what happened. I tried NO7 which I am still currently using but not as happy with it. Do any of you older,mature women use one you love and highly recommend?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2021, 05:02 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,600,699 times
I use the Lifeline products, especially like the neck firming serum, night recovery cream and eye cream. It's pricey, but they run 50 and 60% off sales a few times a year, so I load up then. I've got a delivery coming in the next few days.

I also like LED red light therapy most days, and every couple of months I do a home microneedling session.

Old 11-22-2021, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
I use the Lifeline products, especially like the neck firming serum, night recovery cream and eye cream. It's pricey, but they run 50 and 60% off sales a few times a year, so I load up then. I've got a delivery coming in the next few days.

I also like LED red light therapy most days, and every couple of months I do a home microneedling session.
Thank you! Will check it out. Revelation was very pricey as well but also had periodic deals. No7 is not cheap either. Most skincare products are on the expensive side but worth it if you love it and it’s performing well.

Old 11-23-2021, 07:56 PM

3,188 posts, read 1,659,838 times
You are what you eat, no matter what you put on your face.

Old 11-24-2021, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
I totally agree and I also try to eat healthy most of the time and I don’t drink or smoke but you also need a good skincare routine.

Old 11-25-2021, 01:49 PM

3,188 posts, read 1,659,838 times
Skincare is like growing the perfect yard lawn. The science behind the fertilization of the soil to allowing the soil to aerate as well and having the proper nutrient health to keep the lawn green.

The less you put on the skin the better can breathe, the skin is an organ and it needs nutrients to keep it well fed and healthy.

It needs plenty of moisture and protection. Anybody that tells you to put this magic powder, water, or cream is selling you an illusion. There's no magic serum that changes damaged skin to fertile skin.

Old 12-09-2021, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Skincare is like growing the perfect yard lawn. The science behind the fertilization of the soil to allowing the soil to aerate as well and having the proper nutrient health to keep the lawn green.

The less you put on the skin the better can breathe, the skin is an organ and it needs nutrients to keep it well fed and healthy.

It needs plenty of moisture and protection. Anybody that tells you to put this magic powder, water, or cream is selling you an illusion. There's no magic serum that changes damaged skin to fertile skin.
LOL…..No one said there was and no one has tried selling me magic. Everyone knows it’s a balance of many things such as diet,exercise,sufficient sleep,etc. No magic to anything concerning any part of the body. Like I said before though,you still need a skin care regimen appropriate for your skin type in addition to all those things!

Old 12-09-2021, 10:57 AM

19,433 posts, read 27,819,296 times
I'm very realistic about how much these products can actually improve aging skin, but I certainly believe they CAN help a little. I used to like Paula Begoin's line, but since she sold it the price went up and IMO the quality has changed.

Instead, I've been using the Olay whips. I'm particularly impressed with the formulations in the blue and white jars. I'm especially impressed at the prices when it goes on sale at costco.

Old 12-10-2021, 07:33 AM

3,109 posts, read 1,005,048 times
I use 95% natural things, like: olive oil, coconut oil, herbal tea, castor oil, cucumber, lemon, salt, honey, eggs etc. There are plenty of good channels on youtube about different formulas for different products. All natural, organic, home made.

My mom is a biologist and she used to make our creams and lotions, masks and so on years ago. She is specialized in plants/trees and know a lot about it.

In the recent years, this natural approach towards skin care, has grown a lot. Especially for younger women, they have the tendency to use more natural ingredients for making their own products. It's very affordable, healthy and the products are very good.

Old 12-10-2021, 11:18 AM

1,154 posts, read 274,227 times
Quote:

Absolutely. That said, I do like Serious Skin Care products which are not too pricey and Beverly Hills MD products which are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty