Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2021, 01:56 PM

1,912 posts, read 1,133,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
Wearing a Harvard hoodie while attending the Community College. LOLOLO
I would estimate that a large portion- if not a majority- of people who wear clothes with Harvard on them are not students, alumni or faculty, or family members of any of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2021, 02:18 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,592,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
I would estimate that a large portion- if not a majority- of people who wear clothes with Harvard on them are not students, alumni or faculty, or family members of any of them.

Not IMO O.P....ppl wear stuff from their own college AND by 30 or so...most ppl don’t even do that. Tho I do think that a lot of proud girlfriends & wives would love a sweatshirt from where their man went to school or where he is a guest speaker. BUT...no need to wear matchy match Harvard or Stanford gear with it ofc...like your O.P. asks.^^ IMO labels or a designer brand can be tacky on shirts tho wearing a college sweatshirt is totally different.

edit: I’m thinking Christina on the Coast when she wore those awful sneakers with giant Gucci lettering. They were super tacky IMO & she didn’t even have anything else in Gucci that matched...tho come to think of it, they didn’t show her bag.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 08-02-2021 at 03:39 PM..

Old 08-02-2021, 03:27 PM

24,130 posts, read 32,525,265 times
Quote:
I regularly see people wearing Levi’s T-shirts…with shorts or something other than Levi’s jeans.

Why?
I'm not sure why anyone would advertise a brand on a tee shirt whether wearing the brand name leans or not.

But yes, I have seen what you speak of. I think it's silly. My guess? They don't have the money for Levis, so they are poor. Levis brand new can be had for under $50 last I checked. They have them at moderate to discount price stores like JCPenny.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Old 08-02-2021, 04:58 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,562,680 times
Thank you, OP. This thread, or the fact that somebody is making a big deal of what kind of shirt to wear with what pants, had given me my laugh for the week!
Maybe they need to make adult size Garanimals? That's the kids' clothes where to get the right outfit, the youngsters have to look for matching tags.

Old 08-02-2021, 06:55 PM

1,912 posts, read 1,133,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I'm not sure why anyone would advertise a brand on a tee shirt whether wearing the brand name leans or not.

But yes, I have seen what you speak of. I think it's silly. My guess? They don't have the money for Levis, so they are poor. Levis brand new can be had for under $50 last I checked. They have them at moderate to discount price stores like JCPenny.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Best answer. Thanks.

Old 08-02-2021, 06:55 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,014,252 times
There is an older fashion trend known as double denim... jeans with a jean jacket/top. You don't see if often, if at all, anymore, but it seems you'd consider it to be proper matching... even though mix 'n match pieces have been a much longer trend.

A flowered skirt might be nice, but to wear it with a flowered jacket or tee that says "Flower Power" would just seem like over-kill to me. Cute on a kid or young 20-something... not so much on anyone else.

Personally, I prefer no-logo tees, but I do have a Sex Pistols tee, with no desire to be an H addict or start my own punk band. By your fashion rules... what would be the appropriate pants/skirt/shorts to wear with that tee? Worn leather pants? Black lycra? Some brand of British jeans?

Old 08-02-2021, 11:07 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,854,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
There is an older fashion trend known as double denim... jeans with a jean jacket/top. You don't see if often, if at all, anymore, but it seems you'd consider it to be proper matching... even though mix 'n match pieces have been a much longer trend.

A flowered skirt might be nice, but to wear it with a flowered jacket or tee that says "Flower Power" would just seem like over-kill to me. Cute on a kid or young 20-something... not so much on anyone else.

Personally, I prefer no-logo tees, but I do have a Sex Pistols tee, with no desire to be an H addict or start my own punk band. By your fashion rules... what would be the appropriate pants/skirt/shorts to wear with that tee? Worn leather pants? Black lycra? Some brand of British jeans?
I believe it is more properly identified as a Canadian tuxedo.

Old 08-03-2021, 04:45 AM

18,536 posts, read 18,779,287 times
Quote:
I regularly see people wearing Levi’s T-shirts…with shorts or something other than Levi’s jeans.

Why?
World crisis.

Old 08-03-2021, 07:25 AM

1,702 posts, read 786,347 times
Quote:
Why?
Why not?

Old 08-03-2021, 10:26 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,582,629 times
I blame my wife. Usually she safety pins my matching clothes together, but since she has been busier than usual lately I've had to try to coordinate brands all by myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty