Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2021, 07:55 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,574,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
You might want try try Uniqlo. They have the Airism tops and the mesh UV hoodie. I have the mesh UV hoodie and like it a lot. Otherwise I often wear hiking tops, typically the ones with UV protection and the roll-up sleeves. I have worn these often in the heat of summer. I just got several from the Eddie Bauer outlet, but have one from Columbia and I think two others that are Ex Officio. Eddie Bauer has a full selection now in the regular stores too. I have a problem with brown spots on my arms (even with sunblock) so I try to cover them up a bit more. I have heard that mineral sunblock works better, so I am going to try to stick to that this year.
Thanks! I'll check these things out.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2021, 09:22 PM

3,071 posts, read 1,994,776 times
Here's a great vid on crepey skin with Dr. Dray, who is a dermatologist. She gives many suggestions... some listed above in other's posts.

What I like about her is she will give suggestions that are $, $$ or $$$, tell you which is best & products to avoid (like she does in this vid) & then towards the end she goes into cosmetic treatments.

The most important thing is... some products meant for face are too strong for body skin. You'd think facial skin would be more sensitive, but not true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxlwZr5mps8

And, although I love the info in her vids, her shrill voice makes my head whirl... I listen to her on 1-1/2 times speed... it lowers her voice.

Hope this helps, Sheena.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:41 PM

24,097 posts, read 32,443,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
Here's a great vid on crepey skin with Dr. Dray, who is a dermatologist. She gives many suggestions... some listed above in other's posts.

What I like about her is she will give suggestions that are $, $$ or $$$, tell you which is best & products to avoid (like she does in this vid) & then towards the end she goes into cosmetic treatments.

The most important thing is... some products meant for face are too strong for body skin. You'd think facial skin would be more sensitive, but not true.

And, although I love the info in her vids, her shrill voice makes my head whirl... I listen to her on 1-1/2 times speed... it lowers her voice.

Hope this helps, Sheena.
Yes it does. That's very helpful. I agree, I'd think that body skin would be less delicate than facial skin. All I can think of, it that our faces are more exposed than most of the rest of the body. It's counterintuitive.

She sounds informative - even if her voice is annoying.

Old 04-17-2021, 05:16 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,109,818 times
Quote:

Hope this helps, Sheena.
Great video - thanks for posting! Based on this I ordered some of the Eucerin. I too, have the crepey issue on arms and legs. I am 71, mine is from a combination of age, sun damage and weight loss. I am also on the slim side with thin arms which seem to suffer more from crepiness and wrinkles. Not sure if anything will work but will try any non-invasive suggestion. I work out twice per week, which has helped it not get worse, but hasn't eliminated the crepiness. Please keep posting suggesions, and let me know if anything helps you OP!

Old 04-17-2021, 06:01 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:

Hope this helps, Sheena.
Dear God DO NOT take advice from this woman.

Dermatologist or not she has ACTIVE ANOREXIA (not to mention the stains around her mouth) and uses her channel for not so obvious followers of the disease. There are numerous groups trying to have her removed from YT for her dangerous behavior.

Gross.

Old 04-20-2021, 08:51 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,109,818 times
I bought the Eucerin based on her video and I love it! HUGE bottle and while I forget the price I thought it was pretty cheap. It made my skin look better right away, and there are no fragrances in it. Now, I don't expect miracles from it, but I do think it is another thing that can help, especially if used regularly.

Old 04-21-2021, 12:28 AM

5,587 posts, read 8,399,588 times
Sheena, you're so lucky you can still wear sleeveless tops. I'm 71 and was wearing them up til a few years ago. I'm slim but I have the jiggly loose skin and cellulite under my arms. However, if I kept my arms down, it wasn't real obvious. But now my skin is showing so much damage from the sun (white spots among my million freckles and little red picky things), I don't even want to wear short sleeves, much less sleeveless. Haven't gone in the sun in five years. Used to wear self-tanner but now it makes the red spots more prominent. Wish I could start over again and never go in the sun at all!

Old 04-21-2021, 03:37 PM

3,071 posts, read 1,994,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Dear God DO NOT take advice from this woman.

Dermatologist or not she has ACTIVE ANOREXIA (not to mention the stains around her mouth) and uses her channel for not so obvious followers of the disease. There are numerous groups trying to have her removed from YT for her dangerous behavior.

Gross.
Wow, I have not seen this & had no idea. Where did you find pics/info on her? I've not heard of stains on the face/mouth to be signs of anorexia, so this is all new to me.

Still... although I feel sorry for her & her disorder... this vid is for skincare... so are the 2 related?

Old 04-22-2021, 04:01 PM

21,910 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I've never tried Locataine. I use CO Q 10 already. A different but similar brand. I've seen amazing grace and pure grace at Sephora. Have not tried them yet. Or Philosophy.

Where is Locataine sold?
They have their own stores, usually in malls. I bought a few of their products for face and they make my eyes burn so I had to stop using them. Supposedly all natural but it makes me wonder. We toured the factory in France. Lovely lavender all around the outside. My all time favorite product was their lemon verbena liquid soap. They changed the formula and I don't like it anymore. I used to smell like lemon zest. And the texture was amazing. I don't know why they had to ruin it.

Old 04-27-2021, 12:46 AM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Dermatologist or not she has ACTIVE ANOREXIA (not to mention the stains around her mouth)
Looks like she's recovered since that photo, probably public outcry made her snap out of it. She has long, shiny hair. Anorexics don't. She may just be maintaining her thinness now in healthier ways. I've watched some of her cooking videos and it's all healthy food that looks delicious. I've also seen her in exercise gear and working out at home. She has muscle tone now, unlike that photo

I've never seen stains around her mouth and am not sure what that has to do with anorexia. She doesn't wear makeup and has great skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty