Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2021, 10:05 AM

10 posts, read 10,465 times

Advertisements

Who else on here lost hair after having Covid? Has your hair started to grow back and how long did it take?
I had Covid in August and six weeks later started losing hair. I know I've lost at least half of my hair. It has not started to grow back yet. I wear a hat when going out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2021, 10:10 AM

11,055 posts, read 6,639,868 times
I did. It was early days----back in March a year ago. I don't know if it was Covid or the arthritis meds I was temporarily taking: hydroxy-whatever, recommended for Covid.

I lost half of my hair too. Heart-breaking. I don't see it growing back either. It was the only improving-with-age feature that I had. Not now.

Old 03-13-2021, 04:29 AM

2 posts, read 6,233 times
Its really a very bad situation when we lose the hairs, I am suffering since when I turned 25 and now I am 32, still losing my hairs on daliy basis, I am not sure why. In covid my situation is same as before.

Old 03-13-2021, 11:04 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,560,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennypincher23 View Post
Who else on here lost hair after having Covid? Has your hair started to grow back and how long did it take?
I had Covid in August and six weeks later started losing hair. I know I've lost at least half of my hair. It has not started to grow back yet. I wear a hat when going out.
I was ill last March (back when the health officials were advising people to not to go in for testing unless they were actively dying since tests were in such short supply and they didn't want ill people to potentially infect others in a clinical setting) and began losing wads of hair about six to eight weeks later. My hair has always been really thick and curly, so it's not noticeable that I lost as much hair as I did unless a person knows just how much hair I had prior to the illness. (I lost about forty percent of my hair. )

Much to my relief, my hair began growing back in earnest several months ago--lots of wispy hairs mixed in with the longer ones, but I'm happy to see them making their appearance! At the rate my hair tends to grow (it grows quite quickly), my hair should be fully back to its normal thickness, if not its full length, by mid-summer at the latest.

Be sure that you're consuming adequate amounts of fats and proteins as part of overall healthful diet with plenty of whole, minimally processed foods including a broad variety of fruits, vegetables, and if you are able to consume them, nuts, seeds, legumes, and whole grains.

While I don't take a multivitamin myself, if you normally eat a more limited diet, taking a supplement might be helpful to you in order to optimize the health of you new hair as it begins to regrow.

Old 03-13-2021, 05:14 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,868,439 times
I lost more than half of my hair six years ago (not covid related, obviously) from telogen effluvium after surgery. I assumed it would grow back within a year but it never did.

I also spent the last six years worrying about my dad's health and care nonstop. He passed in July and in September my hair started growing back in. The new growth is several inches long and so thick that it looks like I have bangs if I pull it forward from the longer strands. I think my level of stress kept my hair from growing back. I had really given up on having a normal amount of hair ever again.

Old 03-14-2021, 08:41 AM

19,024 posts, read 27,585,087 times
STRESS.
This is why you lost your hair. Don't blame it on covid directly. Of course, whoever had heavy meds treatment, is different story. But, stress=hair loss.
Say "thank you, media'.

Old 03-14-2021, 11:07 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,489,942 times
The head basketball coach at the University of South Carolina had Covid twice, and lost his hair. He may have helped it along a bit with a razor, but now he's bald as a cue ball, and it looks like his eyebrows are even gone. From what I've heard, he's waiting til it grows back - he doesn't particularly like the look, but I don't think it looks bad. I suppose it would be worse for a woman than a man.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:39 PM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
STRESS.
This is why you lost your hair. Don't blame it on covid directly. Of course, whoever had heavy meds treatment, is different story. But, stress=hair loss.
Say "thank you, media'.
Thank you Dr. ukrkoz. Where exactly is that medical degree from? Google University?

Old 03-18-2021, 05:42 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
When you start having skin rashes, hair loss, and brittle nails. That's a sign of nutrient deficiency. Hair loss is usually due to hormonal changes and aging. You need to keep taking vitamins especially biotin. Eating probiotic foods also very helpful. Vitamin deficiency leads to body unable to move nutrients to the body such as hair, nail, and skin.

Old 02-05-2022, 03:22 PM

322 posts, read 280,967 times
my adult daughter and i BOTH came down with the bug a couple weeks apart in october 2021. around dec/jan we began experiencing large amounts of hair loss - in brushes, combs, on clothing etc.

we are both big on eating organic, gluten free, supplementing vits, filtered water/air, organic personal products, etc.

I found cyanidin B 2 - not the vitie, could be helpful. It is very difficult to find! I found apple poly supp and have been taking it regularly. Also an item called Beau-T Hair that contains a bunch of good things. I also purchased (seeking health) hydroxy b12 folinic acid.

Hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty