Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 11:31 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,155,739 times

Advertisements

I have a rose quartz one and used it daily for months.

It did not do a thing for my skin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2021, 07:27 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,377,336 times
What exactly is it supposed to do?

Old 02-12-2021, 01:44 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,267,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I am pretty sure that the gemstone rollers have no extra powers and are about as effective as any form of facial massage when done correctly.
They have no special health on the skin (like anti-inflammatory or curing acne etc.)
Any kind of facial massage is beneficiary if done right. You don't need to spend money on that, just use your fingers.
This. Why do people spend money on gimmicks?

Old 02-12-2021, 02:15 PM

37,728 posts, read 46,191,696 times
You people spend money on this nonsense?? LOL!

Old 02-13-2021, 02:08 AM

19,468 posts, read 15,320,251 times
I can only gather that it supposedly stimulates, and strokes (thereby "clearing/purifying") the lymphatic areas.

Old 03-24-2021, 02:35 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,614,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
There have been so many times I almost started a thread about this. I see them being used all the time, but my first thought is always that it reminds me of a meat tenderizer, which is used to break down tissue, soften it, make it less cohesive. It looks like it would feel amazing, but I just can't get the other thought out of my head, that it would break down all the collagen and firmness in your face. lol

Ita....I will take a facial massage instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You people spend money on this nonsense?? LOL!

Ita....the money is better spent at a spa! Facial rollers....especially gemstone facial rollers....are super gimmicky IMO.

Old 03-30-2021, 08:26 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,237,606 times
I just use a spoon. Works nice, but I have to remember to use it regularly. I too wonder about the micro pins kind that stick into your face. Can’t help but think that would wreck something under your skin...

Old 04-03-2021, 07:24 AM

12,796 posts, read 15,071,446 times
It's a reasonably-priced little way to pamper oneself & especially in these COVID times of wanting to stay at home & do self-care, etc., so why not IF that's what one wants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
What exactly is it supposed to do?

"Some evangelists claim that the rolling motion of the stone on your face can help clear toxins and decrease puffiness, while others assert much loftier results: that regular use of jade rollers can erase wrinkles, stimulate collagen, tighten pores and potentially improve inflammatory skin conditions."

Now can that be done w/ those glass globes or a plastic roller? Probably, but again like I said above, if people want to try a gemstone type as a special item to use, why not!

Old 04-03-2021, 08:23 PM

17,573 posts, read 39,253,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
It's a reasonably-priced little way to pamper oneself & especially in these COVID times of wanting to stay at home & do self-care, etc., so why not IF that's what one wants!

"Some evangelists claim that the rolling motion of the stone on your face can help clear toxins and decrease puffiness, while others assert much loftier results: that regular use of jade rollers can erase wrinkles, stimulate collagen, tighten pores and potentially improve inflammatory skin conditions."

Now can that be done w/ those glass globes or a plastic roller? Probably, but again like I said above, if people want to try a gemstone type as a special item to use, why not!
A few years ago I used to use a jade roller regularly. I did keep mine in the fridge and it felt very pleasant to use it on my face. It did seem to help with my eye puffiness - I have naturally deepset eyes, with puffiness above and below. I have since moved and lost the roller but I might get another. The thing is not to expect any miracles from it, as you say it is mostly a "pampering" type of thing. The price is right so there is little to lose.

Old 04-27-2021, 05:41 PM

19,468 posts, read 15,320,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
There have been so many times I almost started a thread about this. I see them being used all the time, but my first thought is always that it reminds me of a meat tenderizer, which is used to break down tissue, soften it, make it less cohesive. It looks like it would feel amazing, but I just can't get the other thought out of my head, that it would break down all the collagen and firmness in your face. lol
Quoting my previous post here. I was running out of some skincare, so I ordered some in a set that happened to have one of these rollers in it (made of sodalite, it says). I briefly tried it last night (haven't read the instructions on which direction to use it in, blah blah blah). Omg, it does feel amazing. I've already fallen in love with it. It already felt cold just by sitting out, but I can see putting it in the fridge, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty