Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 12:42 AM

44,621 posts, read 61,584,987 times

Advertisements

You can go back and ask for a replacement DL but they'll probably just pull up and use the same photo that's in their system. Here you get what you get and no re-dos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2021, 04:41 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,424,679 times
My pic looks so bad! The lady just kept saying "smile, smile..". I did NOT want to smile! Now I look like a creepy pervert that just escaped the mental institution.

Old 01-30-2021, 09:13 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Does your town have a private driver's license service, that partners with the MVD? Mine does. They charge for the service, but they have a much better camera set-up, and the photos turn out great! Best photo I've ever had taken in my life! lol. They have the lighting set up much better, a colored background, and a better camera angle. It's worth the fee they charge, to get a good photo.

Look around, to see if there's something like an "Express MVD" service in your area. The lines are usually shorter, too.(Charging a fee thins out the crowds.)
I'm seeing New Mexico and Montana
Express MVD

Old 01-30-2021, 10:38 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,953,220 times
I think part of it is the new flat black photo, rather than the color. The other part is that I was frowning. But I was frowning because it was my third two hour round trip to the DL because TX now requires a passport or birth certificate in addition to all the other ID to prove I wasn't one of those despicable illegal aliens. My current driver's license, social security card, and Global Entry card was NOT enough proof

Old 01-30-2021, 03:00 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,142,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
My pic looks so bad! The lady just kept saying "smile, smile..". I did NOT want to smile! Now I look like a creepy pervert that just escaped the mental institution.
You me and everyone else. Just pulled my expired DL from 2001, thinking that was a bad shot, and my first thought was: "Damn, I'll never look that good again!" Ain't that the truth. My "best" picture: no. But my worst on a bad day then probably looked spiffier than the 53 y.o me today.

Bottom line to just about everyone on this thread: who gives a hoot? About half the IDs I've had in life had a lousy picture, a few mediocre, and a very few great. I just pulled out about ten ID's from my keepsake box since I like to hold onto them for no particular reason and really looked how I've changed over the years: old DLs, grad school IDs (two, for some forgotten reason), badges from various client sites, and more. Nothing to be done about it for better or worse, now is there? No re-takes asked for.

Old 01-30-2021, 04:14 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,073,706 times
I dont think anyone likes their drivers license photo .

Old 01-30-2021, 05:16 PM

226 posts, read 158,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
At the liquor store, for one. Doctor's office for another.
Most fashion/beauty concerns ARE "1ST WORLD PROBLEMs" wouldn't you say? Perhaps you've wandered into the wrong forum?

Carly Simon wrote a song about you...

https://youtu.be/mQZmCJUSC6g

Old 01-31-2021, 07:29 AM

2,587 posts, read 1,593,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I dont think anyone likes their drivers license photo .
At the gate at La Guardia one day, about to board a flight to Fort Myers FL, I was asked for photo ID.
I usually have my U.K. passport in my shirt breast pocket, but as this was an internal flight, it was back in my wife’s bag, which it had disappeared into after landing at JFK some days previously, and she was 5 or 6 metres behind me in the line.
I tugged my wallet from my back pocket, and fished out my U.K. DL.
The agent said, “Jeez! Did they take this through the wrong end of a telescope?”
The photos on our DLs are about 2cm square, so I said, “Don’t blame me ma’am, take it up with the DVLA.”
She shrugged, and waved me through.

Old 02-01-2021, 06:17 PM

173 posts, read 120,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
After having the same DL pic for ten years, I finally had to go in in person for the renewal because of REALID. I got it in the mail and I hate it. I look terrible; it's a flat black and white photo and I look old and angry. It's a PITA to get a DL in Texas so I'm going back and forth about whether it's really worth it to go back to the office just to get a duplicate DL because of a stupid photo. It's such a trivial thing but I dislike looking so horrible in the ID I use for everything, and TX drivers licenses are good for 8 years. Has anyone else dealt with this?

I'm sorry you ran into this, too. It happens. Happened to me this last time. Photo was faded, yellowish, just bad looking. My husband said that DMV needs to clean or replace the camera lens. Something to think about.

Old 02-01-2021, 08:11 PM

17,552 posts, read 13,329,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
After having the same DL pic for ten years, I finally had to go in in person for the renewal because of REALID. I got it in the mail and I hate it. I look terrible; it's a flat black and white photo and I look old and angry. It's a PITA to get a DL in Texas so I'm going back and forth about whether it's really worth it to go back to the office just to get a duplicate DL because of a stupid photo. It's such a trivial thing but I dislike looking so horrible in the ID I use for everything, and TX drivers licenses are good for 8 years. Has anyone else dealt with this?

The good news is that you get a new license in 10 years. We all hate our license pics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty