Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 01:06 AM

27 posts, read 16,352 times

Advertisements

Hi to the person reading.

I have really wide feet, I cant give an exact measurement (oh Im a lady if that matters) but my shoe size is UK size 6 or size 39. Length wise my feet are not long but width wise they are pretty wide, wider than the average.

In the past month alone iv had to throw away 3 pairs of shoes, one of which was just a few weeks old and to top that all off whatever shoes I find hurt me so so so much if its not the heel its the sole if its not the sole its the straps which are always too tight for me. I've come to the realization that I may have to start spending on more expensive and specialized shoes (sucks cause I don't think I can afford to but I have no choice)

Does anyone else struggle with this, cause I feel so alone and literally having so much anxiety over this and the constant loss and throwing away of shoes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2019, 05:03 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destar Menen View Post

I have really wide feet, I cant give an exact measurement (oh Im a lady if that matters) but my shoe size is UK size 6 or size 39. Length wise my feet are not long but width wise they are pretty wide, wider than the average.

In the past month alone iv had to throw away 3 pairs of shoes, one of which was just a few weeks old and to top that all off whatever shoes I find hurt me so so so much if its not the heel its the sole if its not the sole its the straps which are always too tight for me. I've come to the realization that I may have to start spending on more expensive and specialized shoes (sucks cause I don't think I can afford to but I have no choice)

Does anyone else struggle with this, cause I feel so alone and literally having so much anxiety over this and the constant loss and throwing away of shoes.
New Balance has many widths. Try them for trainers. As for dress or casual dress you may need to visit a cobbler if one is still in business.

Old 10-25-2019, 05:06 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I have wide feet, so I know our choices are more limited. I get all my shoes online, because the shoe stores don’t have much of a wide selection. I guess you are not in the US, so I don’t know if my suggestions will help you.

I have gotten a few pairs of shoes from an English company called Hotter. They carry shoes in wide and extra wide. Otherwise, there are several American shoe companies that carry a good wide selection....Zappos and ShoeMall are two. SAS (San Antonio Shoemakers) is a store that has wide shes.

One thing I’ve learned is to always buy only leather shoes, and there is a stretch spray you can buy, if there is a small tight spot. I am told that it is just half alcohol and half water. You just squirt it on the tight spot and you can feel it ease.

Old 10-26-2019, 10:19 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,603,624 times
Take a look a plus-size women's clothing catalogs. I noticed that they often carry extra-wide shoes.

Also, if this is a newer issue for you -- typical wide feet recently getting even wider -- check with your doc for circulatory issues that are causing your feet to swell. If that's the case, it could be that treatment will get you back to your baseline normal width.

Old 10-26-2019, 10:55 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
I would do a google search for women’s shoes wide and see what comes up.

I’ve receive$ literature from Hotter, but their shoes don’t meet my needs so I don’t know much about their shoes. Isn’t Clarks a British brand? I know their shoes used to run wide. Perhaps they have wide widths too. And have you looked at Birkenstocks? Dansko?

Old 10-27-2019, 08:38 AM
KB4

1,032 posts, read 1,640,995 times
I have wide feet (and sensitive skin), so I can totally relate! It's so annoying when you buy a pair of shoes and they might feel ok at first but then when you have worn them and it's too late to return them, you realize that they are no good. Some brands that I've had good luck with are Munro, Clarks, Naturalizer, Merrell, but there are many others. I usually shop online because the websites usually have a wider range of sizes than the stores.

Old 10-28-2019, 04:38 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I have bought several pairs of shoes from QVC this season. They have a very nice selection of wide shoes, and they have something called ez pay, where they break the cost into monthly payments. I really didn’t ask for this, but for some, it might be convenient.

Old 10-28-2019, 08:56 AM

774 posts, read 745,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destar Menen View Post

Buying Extra Wide will change your life.

SimplyBe
JD Williams
fullbeauty.com
avenue.com
lanebryant.com
Shoes.com
zappos.com
shoemall.com
jcpenny.com
amazon.com

Old 10-28-2019, 09:09 AM

19,033 posts, read 27,599,679 times
As an Orthotist, I work with various feet routinely.

You must have your feet properly measured for appropriate size. Brennock device comes to mind, we use them primarily for our patients.
Next, you need to buy shoes of that proper size. I'd look at Doc Martens, as they originally were an orthopedic shoe company from GB, started somewhere late 19th century, then expanded into generla market. But they preserved philosophy of making orthopedic shoes.
Another option is Birkenstock. They do make rather wide footwear.

For the US feet, Mt Emey makes unsightly but VERY wide shoes, up to 16 W. No one else does that.

https://www.apisfootwear.com/products/9214.html

Otherwise, 2 recommendations.
1. no one really looks down at people feet, unless it's something really fleshy down there, worn to attract

2. you need to look into possible nerve conditions, resulting in unusually high level of discomfort in feet. There may be some sort of neuropathy developing, or arthritis. Patients with rheumatoid arthritis have excruciatingly painful feet.

Old 10-28-2019, 09:22 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times
Mine are long and narrow. I hate shoe shopping. We're exact opposites but I feel your pain.

Find a brand that works for you and stick with it. Don't buy anything that doesn't fit or hurts!

I try to remember there are people without feet and I'm thankful I have them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty