Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2019, 04:26 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,018,912 times

Advertisements

It's gross how often you see open-footed shoes a lot now. That's spreading barefoot germ molecule atoms everywhere. How come people don't think that's gross? Especially guys with open-footed shoes. Yecchhh! I seem to think back in the 90s, people wore socks and closed-footed shoes a lot more and that was much better back then.

What I really hate is when you're in the elevator and there's others inside with sandals or flip-flops on. Now you're stuck breathing in all their foot germ molecule atoms floating in the air.

Or sitting somewhere like a waiting room and someone next to you has their bare feet sticking out. Now that's just plain gross. I don't understand why people don't think it's weird and gross to show your feet in public. That should considered borderline indecent exposure. And how come women don't ever wear socks?

Old 09-21-2019, 04:46 PM

130,099 posts, read 12,078,224 times
Don't come near me, I wear sandals at least 320 days a year, I only go to shoes when it rains. Why are feet worse than noses? We mostly all show our noses?

Old 09-21-2019, 04:49 PM

6,452 posts, read 3,971,294 times
Okay, I had to stop laughing to post...

So why do people think feet, which get washed on a regular basis, are more gross than shoes, which never do and are used to walk through some pretty nasty stuff that people would never walk through with bare feet?

No, really, why? You worry about someone's "foot germ molecules" but not the fact that they walked through dog crap a block ago?

This is just too much.

Old 09-21-2019, 04:51 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,681,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Why are feet worse than noses? We mostly all show our noses?
And mouths? Hands?

I don't get it either. No one is asking you to touch anyone else's feet. As for "breathing in foot germ molecules," we all live in the natural world. I won't tell you about all the various molecules you are breathing in every day, because you would probably faint.

Old 09-21-2019, 05:32 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,144,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concert D Major View Post
It's gross how often you see open-footed shoes a lot now. That's spreading barefoot germ molecule atoms everywhere. How come people don't think that's gross? Especially guys with open-footed shoes. Yecchhh! I seem to think back in the 90s, people wore socks and closed-footed shoes a lot more and that was much better back then.

What I really hate is when you're in the elevator and there's others inside with sandals or flip-flops on. Now you're stuck breathing in all their foot germ molecule atoms floating in the air.

Or sitting somewhere like a waiting room and someone next to you has their bare feet sticking out. Now that's just plain gross. I don't understand why people don't think it's weird and gross to show your feet in public. That should considered borderline indecent exposure. And how come women don't ever wear socks?
barefoot germ molecule atoms?

This is a joke, right?

Old 09-21-2019, 06:29 PM

7,004 posts, read 4,813,910 times

Old 09-21-2019, 07:13 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,051,946 times
This topic has nothing to do with fashion nor beauty. Also, the topic has been discussed previously in the Health & Wellness forum. Thread closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty