Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 10:21 AM

14,228 posts, read 30,177,438 times

Advertisements

I am old and so are my upper arms. They are still waving good bye 10 minutes after I stopped waving. I have quite a few men's shirts and the answer is simple for me. They have sleeves. And their sleeves are longer than the sleeves on women's clothing.

Mine is just loose skin, not fat, so the only thing that can fix it is plastic surgery. And then you trade the batwings for huge scars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2019, 06:15 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,270,545 times
I love men’s T-shirts they are long and roomy

Old 10-01-2019, 08:28 PM

14,413 posts, read 22,608,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynaydee View Post
I read an article a while back about women buying men’s jeans because they fit better.

I buy a pack of men’s v neck undershirts and wear them under a sweater or jacket for work. Dress them up with a nice statement necklace and no one can tell it’s a men’s shirt.
WHy do you prefer them over womens V neck? Because they fit loser?

Old 10-01-2019, 08:42 PM

14,413 posts, read 22,608,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I always check out the jeans in the men's dept. Wranglers with 28x32 and I'm grabbing them. 28 waist is about the smallest I can find. I wash them in hot water and dry them and they about fit. I've given up on women's pants as they just don't fit me...5'6" with slim hips. And the Hanes colored t-shirts that are sold individually are of better quality in the men's dept IMHO. They wash nice and last longer because the material is heavier.
Why do you have a hard time finding jeans that fit your shape. 5'6 and slim fit....there are tons of choices for people like us. Well, I don't really have slim hips,but I'm more straight. Buy a size 2 or 4 maybe? Or shop in the JR department. Most of their pants are slim hips.

Old 10-02-2019, 07:21 AM

13,261 posts, read 8,132,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Why do you have a hard time finding jeans that fit your shape. 5'6 and slim fit....there are tons of choices for people like us. Well, I don't really have slim hips,but I'm more straight. Buy a size 2 or 4 maybe? Or shop in the JR department. Most of their pants are slim hips.

I used to wear men's jeans. When I was younger, I didn't have a butt to speak of, so women's jeans were always saggy in the butt, but men's jeans fit me well.

Old 10-02-2019, 07:39 AM

43,922 posts, read 18,933,997 times
Quote:
I'm 5'6", 110lbs and have a boyish figure. I also like my pants to be long otherwise I feel like I'm wearing high waters.

I hate shopping for pants with a passion.

Old 10-02-2019, 08:03 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,664,439 times
Quote:
This is what I do if I have problems with jeans fitting....Jr. Dept....they are cut smaller/slimmer & there is also super skinny or curvy fits....

Old 10-02-2019, 10:06 AM

4,429 posts, read 2,761,270 times
It helps to think of MEN'S and WOMEN'S sections are places for clothing that, for the most part, is merely marketed toward one group or the other, as opposed to being specifically designed for one or the other.

Yes, there is some sexual dimorphism in humans. But it's fairly minor, and there's just as much variation in human shapes within both groupings (male, female) as between them.

Other than these minor differences, the only reason not to wear clothes marketed toward the other group is conformity to social gender roles. If that's your thing, hey, knock yourself out - but don't expect everyone else to follow suit.

Old 10-02-2019, 10:29 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,664,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
It helps to think of MEN'S and WOMEN'S sections are places for clothing that, for the most part, is merely marketed toward one group or the other, as opposed to being specifically designed for one or the other.

Yes, there is some sexual dimorphism in humans. But it's fairly minor, and there's just as much variation in human shapes within both groupings (male, female) as between them.

Other than these minor differences, the only reason not to wear clothes marketed toward the other group is conformity to social gender roles. If that's your thing, hey, knock yourself out - but don't expect everyone else to follow suit.
They are definitely designed for one or the other too tho.....you aren’t going to find all the styles of hoodies for a woman in the man’s section....& you aren’t going to find small skinny jeans with your pick of fits from jeggings to super skinny to curvy in the boys clothing section......

Even tee shirts have different cuts in a woman’s than a mans....narrow shoulders & skinnier arms....

There are so many sizes & styles to fit all kinds of body shapes for us.....so if you just like the style of boys clothes or you want to bend genders....that’s ok....many do.....you don’t need a reason. But...don’t say it’s because boys clothes are only marketed for boys & they really are no different.......because they are different...in cut & style.......shoes, jeans, tees, hoodies........

Old 10-02-2019, 10:33 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,204,047 times
I am currently wearing a boy's size 14/16 fleece jacket that I bought at Costco. Hubby knows how much I love fleece jackets and they had some at Costco in the mens section, but the smallest size they had was a Medium, but that size is huge on me. So I continued to browse around and then I found the fleece jacket in the boys section. Slipped it on and it was a perfect fit and only 9.99 instead of 24.99 too! Now they did have a girls jacket on the same table, it was made of velor. No thanks I want a jacket that can actually keep me warm.

This is not my first time wearing men's/boys clothing. I used to wear my dad's flannels all the time as a teenager, and when I married I actually started wearing my hubby's underwear, so soft and comfy! Also men's clothing is way cheaper than women's clothing. Why not save a few bucks in the process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty