Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 09:34 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,598,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Tasha - just curious, but what types of bad feedback have you heard about Younique? As I stated in a previous post, I did try their mascara and I really didn't like it at all, but I've never looked at reviews about the company and I don't know if they also sell other products. I know I could google that, but wanted to hear your thoughts about them.
Mostly just how it’s sold....through social media presenters & bringing in other people to sell. Kinda seems like it can be more about making money than using the product IMO but....I’ve never personally tried any of their products so I don’t wanna pass along comments I get without seeing for myself.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2019, 06:45 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,132,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
I would have done it already, but we've been traveling a lot lately and I didn't want to have any issues while I was out of town. I seriously can't wait to do it! I only hope I love mine as much as you love yours!

Since you used to live in the MB area, you probably know, or know of, the doctor I mentioned who does the microblading. (From your posts, it seems like you know just about everyone who lives in the MB area!) My gynecologist is Amy King (I just love her.) Her partner, Christine Roberts, does a lot of cosmetic procedures, actually, they both do, so I think they are probably very trust worthy in that regard, since they are both excellent physicians. I last saw Amy a couple months ago and she had recently had hers done, but was going to have a second procedure to finish up. Did you have to do more than one appointment for yours, or was it a one and done type thing?

Also, was there a period of time that it took to heal up or anything like that? I'm just wondering what to expect in the immediate time period after having it done. I should've asked Amy about it at my last appointment, but unfortunately, I didn't think to ask her about it because I was so happy to find out that they are doing it.

Oh, and how long did it take for the procedure?
I don't know either! I'm from the days of Doctor Martin! Merritt King is like a brother to me but he's practicing off the beach.

My eyebrows took about 30 minutes to prep then another 30 minutes or so to actually do. The healing lasted one week but they were never scabby but after that week they were perfect.

Yes, most practitioners do a touch up a couple of weeks later.

LOVE them!

Forgot to add, at one time Dr. Bibb's wife Barbara was doing eyebrows I believe but this may be before they got married ten years or so ago.

Old 01-07-2020, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesdaisy View Post
You do not need to use artificial eyelashes. Use Careprost eye drop and get long and dark Eyelashes. Use these Drop will reduce the chances that you will not have to use mascara.

Careprost should be used under the care of your ophthalmologist.....for treating glaucoma & the topical version can treat hypotrochosis...(it's a condition that affects the growth of lashes).....& does have known side effects like redness & itching....

I want to wear lash extensions or false lashes or mascara....to create a more dramatic & voluptuous temporary look on healthy lashes through cosmetics............I don't recommend the use of Careprost for this purpose tho.

Old 08-30-2021, 12:53 AM

20,774 posts, read 8,615,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Careprost should be used under the care of your ophthalmologist...& does have known side effects like redness & itching....
I've used Careprost aka Latisse for years and my lashes are long, dark and curled. However there is redness on the eyelid above the lashes but I cover it with concealer before I do my eye shadow so it's not a problem. I buy it from Inhouse Pharmacy on Vanuatu which is where I buy all prescription meds. No prescription needed. There is a place in the US to buy online without a prescription but I don't remember where.

I just watched Wayne Goss apply Lashify and am tempted to buy these lashes. I just wonder about any irritation since they sit under your lashes close to the waterline and also want to know how to remove them. Can anyone give an update if you've been using these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMRxylRZiGw

Old 09-20-2021, 10:56 PM

21 posts, read 8,446 times
If you have naturally long lashes, I suggest just go for an eyelash perm. I know someone who lost most of her natural eyelashes when she got an extension

Old 09-21-2021, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole_20 View Post
If you have naturally long lashes, I suggest just go for an eyelash perm. I know someone who lost most of her natural eyelashes when she got an extension

Just be super careful who does the lash lift. IMO you don’t want to mess around when it comes to your eyes because irritations or damage can happen. Tbh, I’d try a curling mascara instead. There are so many great mascaras out there & that’s really what I wanted to get across in my O.P. BUT..I’m a “scaredy cat” when it comes to any procedure on my face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty