Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 10:06 AM

764 posts, read 397,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Interestingly, one of the best performing department stores currently is Kohl's. What could be helping them are modern stores and the fact that most of their stores are located outside of malls.
UGH, Kohl's brands Croft & Barrow, Sonoma, do not fit well at all and are cheaply made. The only brand there that is halfway good is Apt. 9. Vera Wang and Buchman's are ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 01:38 PM

7,340 posts, read 12,444,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyfl View Post
UGH, Kohl's brands Croft & Barrow, Sonoma, do not fit well at all and are cheaply made. The only brand there that is halfway good is Apt. 9. Vera Wang and Buchman's are ugly.
I usually don't buy the private labels. At least Kohl's carries decent mid-range brands like IZOD, Chaps, Van Heusen, ARROW, and Levi's.

Old 11-14-2018, 01:53 PM

1,879 posts, read 1,573,031 times
I love department stores, and I’ll always do my clothing shopping at Macy's

The problem with them though is that they don’t offer anything.

A small business will be the most expensive but will offer much superior service and quality.

A discount retailer will have the worst quality and customer service.

An online retailer will have prices that might be a little bit less than a department, but it will be by far more convenient.

A department store just doesn’t do any one thing well.

Old 11-16-2018, 07:47 AM

35,478 posts, read 17,391,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I usually don't buy the private labels. At least Kohl's carries decent mid-range brands like IZOD, Chaps, Van Heusen, ARROW, and Levi's.
For underwear and pajamas, private label does not make a difference.

Old 11-16-2018, 08:06 AM

12,528 posts, read 17,620,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Your fault for interrupting them while they are playing on their cell phone. And don't be so self-centered about what you like... just learn to like what they put on the shelves.

Old 11-16-2018, 08:12 AM

7,340 posts, read 12,444,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
For underwear and pajamas, private label does not make a difference.
For underwear, as well as socks and some T-shirts, I typically go to Walmart and buy economy brands like Hanes or Gildan. However, I have bought some Arizona jeans and St. John's Bay tees from JCPenney.

Old 11-16-2018, 11:41 AM

22,164 posts, read 9,725,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I think malls are dying out everywhere. It's easier to shop online.
Regional malls will be the only ones left standing. Small town malls will not be around.

Old 11-16-2018, 11:43 AM

22,164 posts, read 9,725,570 times
I don't really like Macy's but Bloomingdales is still pretty nice, at least here. And they have good SA in the older ladies departments.

Old 11-16-2018, 11:49 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,391,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Your fault for interrupting them while they are playing on their cell phone. And don't be so self-centered about what you like... just learn to like what they put on the shelves.
But. I want...

And the...

Oh!!! I never get what I want!!!

(Goes to the corner and sucks his thumb)

,but the above post you responded to was just what I've heard. If I don't find what I like, I just go to another store if I am looking for a certain item. But if I want a certain item another store has, I go to that store. In most cases, the only annoyances is being behind the customer who is trying to either strike up some conversation (which is really no big deal. People are getting lonelier), or try to treat it like they are shopping for a car (That shirt, food, is going to be the same price as it says on the shelf you got it on...in most cases. If it is on sale, you'll see it on the circular).

But not a big deal...

Old 11-18-2018, 02:19 PM

3,084 posts, read 7,277,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivertowntalk View Post
Because they are more expensive than ordering the same stuff on-line. It is about the price. They have the overhead cost of having physical store. Shopping has come a full circle. When I was growing up, we had no department stores locally and all of our shopping was through catalogs such as Sears, Monkey Ward and JC Penny's. We would fill out a form, or call in an order. When it arrived, they called us and we would pick it up. Now, the ordering is on-line and it ships directly to your house.

I understand how one shops like that. I prefer to be in a physical store trying on items. I like to see how the color, design and fit works with me. With some items I'm a small and others I'm a medium. The in store experience just doesn't compare to shopping online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty