Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 08:58 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,223,790 times

Advertisements

I only wear rings on my ring fingers but they are really wide.

My wedding band is really wide as is my engagement ring. They go from the knuckle on my hand all the way to my first knuckle. Together they are an inch wide.

Same on my opposite hand. I wear a very wide diamond band with two thin bands that combined is wider than my engagement/wedding pair.

I don't wear any other rings other than occasional diamond X ring or sometimes thumb rings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2018, 06:29 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,180,363 times
I generally wear 3 to 4 rings on each hand. Usually 3. I'm a widow but I still have my wedding band and eng ring on my left hand.

Old 09-09-2018, 10:26 AM

2,001 posts, read 2,528,009 times
who says you always have to wear your engagement ring?

Wear whatever you want but not many rings. I mean whoever answered you that you have 9 other fingers probably doesn't know how hideous would look to have different rings with different gemstones on each finger!!!! Don't ever do that, unless you want to look like from a commercial promoting rings.

I would wear one ring whose stone matches the (or one of the) color of your clothing. I would wear max 2 rings. If you wear multiple rings on a hand, that's already a fashion statement. I'm thinking multiple silver rings, in different shapes or sizes or similar. If you wear jewelry on multiple fingers, the rings have to match or to be in harmony with each other.

In this last case make sure that you wear simple clothing since the focal point of you will be the jewelry on your hand.

Old 09-09-2018, 01:47 PM

18,706 posts, read 19,007,480 times
I dont like a lot of rings or a lot of any jewellery, I think it cheapens the look but each to their own.. two rings is enough I feel.. and I dont understand people who dont have nice hands to even want rings... it draws attention.. for years I never wore a ring because I bit my nails now Ive stopped and they look a lot better and suit a modest ring..

Old 09-10-2018, 09:41 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,104,189 times
I have 4 rings at all times, all on different fingers (2 on each hand). Sometimes 5 if I wear something on one of my thumbs. my rings do all balance each other out, though.

Many women wear multiple rings, including their wedding set. I have seen it overdone and look tacky (rings on every finger, 2-3 on each finger etc), but if they like it, what's it to me?

Last edited by crd08; 09-10-2018 at 09:53 AM..

Old 09-10-2018, 12:11 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,739,644 times
So I went to a party this weekend and really wanted to wear my rings on top of my wedding ring, which I normally wear unless I forget too. I had my wedding ring/band in my ring finger. Worn a cocktail ring in my index finger that matched my outfit. And worn my engagement/promise ring in my right finger. It wasn't bad but I still prefer one ring as the focal point. and I tend to move my rings around in different finger because I don't like the added weight.

I have skipped on my wedding ring for cocktail ring for parties but I always felt guilty. I am happy to see few ladies don't mind leaving the diamond ring in exchange for a ring that matches your outfit.

Old 09-11-2018, 01:02 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,223,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I dont like a lot of rings or a lot of any jewellery, I think it cheapens the look but each to their own.. two rings is enough I feel.. and I dont understand people who dont have nice hands to even want rings... it draws attention.. for years I never wore a ring because I bit my nails now Ive stopped and they look a lot better and suit a modest ring..
Yes, stacked Cartier Love Bracelets really look cheap.

I'd wear twenty if I could afford them.

Old 09-16-2018, 07:41 AM

18,706 posts, read 19,007,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Yes, stacked Cartier Love Bracelets really look cheap.

I'd wear twenty if I could afford them.
dont care what make. it cheapens the whole look wearing too many...

Old 09-17-2018, 08:09 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,180,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
dont care what make. it cheapens the whole look wearing too many...

To you.

Depends on what look one is going for (no sarcastic response required here). If I'm going to a wedding or formal or semi formal event, I'll wear one good gemstone ring.
If I'm wearing jeans or a maxi length skirt and long flowy shirts (I"m a leftover hippie), Then I load up on decent rings but not necessarily the diamonds or rubies.

We are all different after all.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:59 AM

3,102 posts, read 1,712,430 times
I wear lots of rings on my other hand. I also wear pinky rings next to my wedding set.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty